Thursday, June 23, 2011

You win some, you lose some, you let it go.

This is a line from a terrific Ray LaMontagne song -- Old before your time.



 
 
It's such a true statement.  A statement I've been focusing on the past week or so.  And something, I think people of all ages, can aspire to live by.
 
Yesterday was another good day (I promise I won't keep talking about how nice I'm being to my husband, but that's what's going on this week).
 
I got PJ new Toy Story jammies.  Shirt, shorts, and pants.  The shorts are plain, the pants have the characters on them.  I went to put the shorts on him and he said NO MAMA and ran and got the pants.  It's very important to have Buck (Buzz), Ooy (Woody) and Ricky (Rex) at arm's length at any given time.
 
Maggie made PJ laugh in the car yesterday.  She was playing and laughing and all of a sudden, he started cracking up.  It was probably one of the best moments of my life.
 
Tonight PJ will get his seventh haircut (since he was 1 people) and we are going to -- you guessed it -- CHICK-FIL-A.  I fucking love that chicken.
 
Remember -- you win some, you lose some, you let it go.

6 comments:

  1. (while i have a new computer (holla), it has no speakers/volume. nice, huh?)
    i'm usually really good with this letting stuff go. but lately... i'm having a really hard time letting go of the fact that my Lovie misses her dad so much. i'm started to get really really upset with him. again. i really WANT to let it go because, for the most part, it's out of his hands but it's pissing me off again. HOW DO I LET IT GO? HOW CAN I BE NICER TO HIM WHEN HE'S NEVER HOME?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are having a good week...and PJ's hair grows fast! And yes Chick-fil-a is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, Chick-fil-A is my favourite, especially the spicy chicken sandwich & banana pudding milkshake! I might get one this afternoon now you've planted the seed in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you feel like you are making progress with being nice to your hubby.

    And we love the Chick too. We're regulars on kids eat free night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for being nice. I can tell it makes you happy to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great motto to keep living by!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.