They need to have a song like this about me and Maggie.
I love food. Seriously. In my life, my loves go as follows:
- My family
- Food
- the Bears
Yesterday, she was sitting in her little chair eating some crunchies. I was making dinner. She ran out and started to get very agitated.
Agitated to the point that I SWEAR she said MA MA!
Which wouldn't be entirely crazy, since PJ says Mama all day long around her.
I turned around and she was looking at me, looking at the tray. I gave her more food.
My little girl was happy. :) Just like me.
She's also starting to not want purees. She'll eat the first half and then she'll realize, hey I can have some cheese. Or some of that bread. Or maybe some grapes. I hate purees, so I am fine with this, but I also hate cutting everything into itty bitty pieces.
PJ was off purees around 9 months. I suspect Mags will be too.
So she can continue to eat food. Because she loves food, just like her mama.
Pie does too, and wants to try everything she sees. Her current favorites are spinach and any mexican. Especially guacamole. Weirdo.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys definitely need your own song :)
ReplyDeleteWe are just beginning foods too and my kid cannot.get.enough. She will chew on the edge of her tray and scream if I don't get the food in fast enough. I guess you and I have a couple of foodies on our hands!
ReplyDeleteAw :-)
ReplyDeleteYou should just go ahead and write a mother/ daughter food loving song.
Also, I would have died if for #3, you had written "Da Bears", like that old SNL skit!
There should definitely be a mother/daughter song!
ReplyDeleteI also hate purees! My kids all got to the point of realizing they could have other food, better food and stopped eating it. But like you, I hate cutting it up into little tiny pieces!
It's nice when we can clone ourselves, huh? It kinda sucks though when you see the personality traits you most hate about yourself come out through your child...Hailey has the biggest attitude sometimes!
ReplyDelete