PJ pees in the toliet like a champ. He stands up, makes it in the toliet, flushes.
He won't tell us when he has to pee. He has no problem pee through is big boy underwear. He does say "uh-oh!" when he does it. And having him clean it up? Yeah, he thinks that's fun.
But the kid won't even ATTEMPT to poop on the potty.
Which leads to poop in the pull-up.
Which, my friends, is pretty damn gross.
He's going to be wearing pull-ups at the sitter starting this week, so I am hoping that will help him start telling us when he has to pee. I realize the poop might take awhile. I'm fine with that. That means he can't really wear underwear, but I think maybe pooping in underwear might actually bother him? Anyone? Bueller?
Bit of info on pull-ups -- if you get them through Subscribe & Save at Amazon, it's like $14 for a box of 72 Pull-ups, which is a good $10 less than you'd pay at Target. And there's no tax and free shipping.
PJ also decided last night for the first time to come to our room when he woke up.
I have a terrible earache, so when he woke I went and laid with him for awhile. I went back upstairs to our room. About 10 minutes later I heard something that I thought I was on the monitor, but it sounded clearer. I went to our bedroom door, opened it and there was PJ, holding Handy Manny looking just adorable.
Mind you, there's 13 stairs to our bedroom.
If it happens again I'll go back to his room with him, but I was in so much pain, I just brought him in our bed. But he was so damn cute holding Manny and just standing at the door.
Every now and then he sleeps all night. I keep thinking something must be waking him, but maybe he's just one of those kids that wakes up.
I have to start weaning Mags off night feedings. This should be fun. My supply is dropping and although we're already doing half breastmilk half cow's milk for her bottles, the not feeding her at night is going to be a tough process.
The good news though? I'm down to two pumps a day! HALLELUJAH THE END IS NEAR!
oh man i'm not looking forward to PT. at all. :) for many reasons. i have heard, however, that having them wear underwear and then a diaper or pullup over the underwear can help them realize when they need to go because they'll feel it sooner than it getting absorbed into the diaper/pullup. but maybe that's all rumors.
ReplyDeletehope you feel better soon!
As much as it sucks, I think you go with the undies. I have a good resource I can send you, if you're interested.
ReplyDeleteSending positive potty thoughts your way! I am not looking forward to that process AT ALL!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness...PT is just intimidating. I'm reading on the edge of my seat!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the ear ache. For quite a while- a month at least- Lucas was pee potty trained but he would wait until I put his diaper on him before nap time to poop. Drove me crazy- but eventually he stopped doing that.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you could buy Pull-ups on Amazon...geez, what can't you buy on Amazon these days? Garrett still wears pull-ups to bed even though he's PT because he's such a deep sleeper, he'll pee all over the place and never wake up.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your earache...totally sucks! Have you tried dropping a few drops of warm olive oil in your ear? I know it sounds wierd but the last time one of my kids had an ear infection, that's what the dr recommended and it worked like a charm!!
Oh and weaning off the night feedings...ugh! One of my kids was not gonna go out with a fight so I switched to only giving water in a bottle in the middle of the night and she quickly decided it wasn't worth her time to wake up anymore to eat. Try it!!!
Good luck on the potty and poop training. I'm sure he'll get there when he is good and ready and hopefully that means sooner rather than later. I'm with you on the weanings. I've got about 4 months to go and then I'm a free woman!
ReplyDeletePoop + anything other than the toilet = bad combination.
ReplyDeletePoop training is the WORST! Right now, poop training is taking over my household. It's not going well. Sucks.
I hated pumping with a passion...thank God you're going to be done with that machine soon!
ReplyDeleteMatt has gone poop in his underwear several times and I can tell you that it is more annoying/gross/disgusting...for all of us. Have you tried withholding privileges...for instance, at my Mom's house, Matt would poop in the basement. So, he wasn't allowed to go into the basement until he pooped and if he pooped his pants, he'd lose a truck (the end of the world for Matt). It worked.
People commented that I was messing him up and that I'd cause him problems, but he seems like his typical pain-in-the-ass self with boundless energy and smiles...no therapy needed...yet.
i have a question i have no breast milk left and i would like to try some does any one no were i could get some. also my girl is in pull ups to i let her poop in them whats the problem with letting are children poop in them??? also i havent got to go to the docter about this but um when i change her it looks like he vaginal lips are gone and shes only 3 whats with that
ReplyDeleteHi iam a 14 yr old boy and i would like to be breast fed but i dont no who to ask for milk who would i ask
ReplyDelete