Monday, August 22, 2011

RIP, Sharp Aquos.

We went to a Day Out With Thomas yesterday.  I'll have pics and more about that tomorrow.

We got PJ a wooden train whistle.  He's big on train whistles.  Loves them.

After we got home, we were watching Cars.  PJ wanted juice so off we went into the kitchen.

I got him his juice and handed it to him.

He toddled off into the living room, which he does hundreds of times a day.

I got Maggie's cup down to give her some juice.

BANG.

BANG BANG.

I dropped the cup, hoping my fear was not true.

I ran into the living room.

And saw.

Nothing.

I could hear Lightning McQueen.  I could hear Mater.

But I couldn't see them.

Because PJ had banged the whistle on the TV.

And it broke the filter.  Not even the screen.  The filter.

Of our two year old TV.

He had no idea what happened.  I don't even think he understood he broke it, since it technically wasn't broken in pieces.

I didn't yell.  I talked to him sternly.  I explained to him we couldn't watch Cars any more because he broke the tv.

He felt bad after John found out, he kept trying to go over and cuddle with him.

In a year this will be a funny story.

But right now?  We just dropped $600 on a new TV.

I love you PJ.  More than ever.

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! That stinks...I'm sorry to hear that about your TV...RIP...RIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that SUCKS. I'm sorry. But I'm glad you had fun at the Thomas thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggh - I feel your pain! When my oldest was just a wee one, he decided to smear chewed gum all over the brand spaking new flat screen. I've never seen that look on my husband's face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awful!! Guess it's time to mount the TV high up on the wall, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nooooo! That's awful, but let me commend you on not yelling. That was a great mommy moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Well you rocked as a mom- I so would have yelled

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. $600? Rotten. Good for you for not yelling though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't yell??!! Wow!! You should be the mother of the year!
    For that,,, and well because I love your blog, I've awarded you.. Make sure you stop by to pick it up!!
    Hope today is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh geez...I would have freaked.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.