Friday, August 12, 2011

Life's Lessons - the First Edition

Today I am finally linking up with Sara and Rach for a little LIFE'S LESSONS.

125px; width: 125px; color: black; background-color: white;">



1.  Pinkeye?  Isn't necessarily pink.  It could just be yellow crusty goop.

2.  Getting 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep makes all the difference in the world.

3.  Wearing jeans on Fridays makes works that much easier to deal with.

4.  PJ saw me cut a tag out of his shirt one day.  Now, anytime he sees something with a tag, he tries to get the scissors out of the drawer and gives them to one of us to cut the tag off.

5.  Put scissors in higher drawers.  Better yet, don't let your 2 year old see where you keep them.

6.  My MIL isn't happy unless she's complaining about something.  Unfortunately, she chooses often to comlpain to me about my SIL.  ROCK ME HARD PLACE

7.  Football is back.  This makes me unnaturally giddy, but I've noticed no one gets quite as excited about other sports.  Because football is awesome.

8.  Maggie crawls faster than I run.  She's also a pretty fast cruiser.  I might be in for trouble when she starts walking.

9.  I am about to spend $200 at the Children's Place for clothes.  Please help me justify.

10.  I have 45 followers.  This was one of my summer goals.  Thank you to my newest followers!

11.  Earwigs are gross. And forever in our backyard.  EW.

12.  Tennis in the heat makes your husband a sweaty, smelly mess.

13.  More curious, is that he never cared about tennis before, and now suddenly, at the age of nearly 31, he's interestd.

14.  This inevitably leads to the "I'm sore, this hurts" conversation for three days after said tennis playing.

15.  Jamba Juice needs a frequent buyers program.







9 comments:

  1. I get that excited about baseball!!! I have the start of spring training on my calendar. We're not so much an NFL house as a college football house. ROLL TIDE!

    That sucks about your MIL.

    And $200 at Children's Place is like $400 anywhere else- they have great prices and even though they suck to work for, their clothes are cute. Plus you have a boy and a girl, so no hand-me- downs...

    Did that help? Thanks for linking up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about your MIL, but I love your visualization! Very cute!

    You are in trouble - both with the crawling/cruising and the scissors. Take it from me, if he is bringing them to you now, in a few months, he'll just try cutting things himself. Move them! Move them NOW!

    Have a great weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #7 makes me happy! I am such a huge football fan! I even wrote a post- or a few all about it last year. Football is so much kore exciting as there are a ton less games so every game is huge. In baseball they play the same team several games, same with basketball, but in football if you don't beat your rivals you have to wait a whole year to get your revenge! Yea, I like football

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Children's Place really does have good prices. I've noticed that a lot. I have to restrain myself sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are about to have your hands full with scissors and chasing after Maggie! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ Natalie!!! Yes, you're going to have a lot of tag cutting or Scissor hiding to do.
    Isn't Children's place the best??

    And Earwigs,, I agree... YUCK!!! They must be the worst bug ever!!
    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink eye is gross.

    How could you NOT spend $200 at Children's Place?

    Football rules.

    MILs do not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do they even call it pink eye? Each time one of my kids has had it, their eyes have never been pink. Actually, one time I remember Garrett getting really mad at me for telling his teacher he had pink eye...he was all, "My eyes are blue, not pink".

    Totally sucks about your MIL. I feel bad for your SIL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.