Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

I've seen this on quite a few blogs I stalk follow, but I saw it first on Rebecca's blog and decided I'm gonna do that!

  • Maggie is clapping.  And thinks it's the greatest thing ever.
  • PJ drove the Jeep yesterday.  Well not really.  He pretended to.
  • I really really really really want my old firm to call and offer me the job today.
  • So I can give notice.
  • However, I am dreading tell my main attorney.
  • But I still want to get the hell out of here.
  • PJ saw a preview for Cars 2 yesterday, then after saying "CAR! CAR MAMA!" Pulled out "Cars" and insisted I put it on.
  • John and I got it on for the first time since V-day.  Sorry if that's TMI, but if you know anything, you know I am pretty open.
  • We need to do it 24 more times so he's sterile.
  • Two of our dearest friends have a boy and a girl also.  Their kids are behind.  Their son didn't walk till 20 months, their daughter who is nearly 18 months, just starting standing a couple months ago.  Maggie moves better than she does.  I hate to be judgmental, but I can't help it!
  • How do they not notice that a child 10 months younger than theirs is more advanced?  And it's not like Mags is super early at this stuff.
  • We're going to dinner with them tonight.
  • I seriously love Conan.  He cracks me up.  He cracks me up most with the non-scripted stuff.  I realize it probably wouldn't work, but I so wish his monologue was unscripted.
  • The Green Lantern looks really fucking stupid.  Even if RR is super hot.
  • Vacation = two weeks from today.
  • I REALLY WANT THAT JOB OFFER.
There you have it.  Useless mind fodder. :)

have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get that job offer...and yes Conan is super funny! Did you see him last night with all the jokes about Weiner...OMG it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you hear from them today (or at least soon!). Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, people will be saying that about my baby soon. She's 11 months, will not crawl, she has created a bum-shuffling manoeuvre which is efficient as she can get everywhere very fast. However, I think walking is going to be a very slow process. Unlike a baby who crawls, who goes onto knees then up against furniture onto feet, my baby won't have that 'evolution'. So I bet she'll be way past a year before walking!

    Please don't judge me if it happens to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, I don't think you can't make kids do things before they're ready?? I don't think it's anything we as parents do or not do (for the most part). I'm guessing if they're your dearest friends, they're probably pretty good parents!

    Friday Night Leftovers idea is from this blog:
    http://www.sippycupsarenotforstarbucks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My youngest just started standing at 12 months. He's still not cruising or walking yet. They all move and develop at their own pace. Some are faster than others.

    Hoping you get that call today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you did FNL! You just need to unload, right??

    Love the sex talk...24 times...ugh!

    Hope you hear from the job too...clearly, I'm still behind on blogs. I have no idea how effing early I need to get up in the morning to get a little alone time!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.