Monday, June 27, 2011

Growing up a Bean Bag Champion

Bean Bags.  We play this game alot.  Cornhole is the "technical" term.  John even built our boards.  

PJ loves bean bags.

He loves throwing the bags, handing us the bags, making up his own game.  He even gets quite a few in the hole for the coveted three pointer.  He gets very excited when he makes it in the hole because we clap and now every time when he does he looks over for recognition.  It's actually quite adorable.

If he keeps this up, he'll be the bean bag champion.

Or a pro golfer.

I'm leaning towards pro golfer.  (That's MILLIONS people.  Imagine Tiger Woods -- with morals. ;))

Maggie now likes to climb up onto the bean bag boards, and try to cruise them -- which she's actually starting to do.  A few steps here and there.  Girl going to be walking by 10 months I think.

Most people act like this is a bad thing.  I say YES!  It's so much easier when she can play outside by running around with her brother instead of stopping her every 2 minutes so she doesn't crawl on the concrete and hurt her knees.  I cannot wait till she walks.

Although I can't believe my babies are growing up so fast.  PJ is going to need new shoes soon because his size 6s are getting too small.

Maggie is out of 6 month clothes except for a couple of things that were probably just on the bigger size.

She's going to be 9 months old soon.

PJ is going to be potty trained sometime this summer.  I have to buy him big boy underwear.  I don't even know where to GET big boy underwear.

I looked at a picture of him from when he was 3 months old and I cannot believe how big he is.

I cannot believe how much he's learned.  I cannot believe how much more I love him NOW than I did THEN considering how much I loved him then was no small thing.

Maggie's been saying Ma Ma.  Does she mean it?  I think so.  She looks at me when she says it.  She seems to say it when she wants me.  PJ says it a lot so it would make sense.

I wish toddlerhood was longer.  THe potty trained, able to tell me what you want toddlerhead.  I'm not even there yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

And to the world's next greatest bean bag champion.

7 comments:

  1. So cute!!I'm all about the toddlerhood myself. They are so adorable and they can pretty much communicate their needs. I love, love, LOVE when my nieces and nephews are/ were toddlers. Have you heard anything about the job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was one that didn't want my Lovie to do everything so soon- sitting up, crawling, stepping, walking, talking... because i've loved every stinkin stage and just wanted each stage to last forever. but the funny thing is that as each one comes to a close and a new one begins, i can't believe how much i didn't want the new one to begin! i'm soooo digging toddlerhood. more than i ever ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what milestones...and how fast it comes and goes! Hey you never know bean bag champions could make tons of money in the future! Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I know every stage is hard and comes with its own challenges, I am looking forward to Donut growing up and seeing her change and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this age...Jack is not potty trained yet, but I LOVE This age. I cry all the time because I don't want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Does she mean it?" Of course...you're her Mama and she wants you to to things for her...she's no dummy!

    I get my underwear at Wal-Mart...well, not mine, but the Crazies'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes- outdoors is a lot easier when they are walking. And love it "tiger woods but with morals". Good luck with potty training!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.