- PJ got his seventh haircut last night. In the past 15 months.
- Maggie was amazed by the haircut place.
- PJ sucks two of his fingers. Pretty much has since birth. My sitter has always commented on it, how it could lead to him having speech issues. Today she told me though "she doesn't think anything is wrong with him" I could have him checked by Easter Seals because he doesn't say all the letters.
- Um. He's 27 months old. He says a lot of words. He also doesn't say words I know he KNOWS, but that is probably also because I don't push it. (As in please, thank you, etc.) I also read that as long as he's not dropping consonant sounds all the time, he's fine. He says dog, baby, book, car, etc. Weigh in ladies -- should I be worried?
- I really love our sitter, but I am kind of pissed she said this. I know it's just because she's annoyed he still sucks his fingers (which I
alwaysusually tell him to stop doing because I realize I can't get rid of his fingers). - I still can't figure out why PJ doesn't like chicken. The cows at Chick-Fil-A are very disappointed.
- Maggie is refusing purees after, oh 4 bites. Which is fine with me. Her eating means PJ doesn't get whatever he wants anymore. He has to eat what we eat. Good time to start this, right?
- I fucking love Dexter. Do you watch Dexter? If you don't, you should.
- I hate that Mags still has to be rear facing. Please don't tell me how much safer it is, or link me a video, etc., I prefer to be able to see my kids and have them see me and she'll be turned around on her first birthday dammit.
- I know 9 pregnant ladies. Three are VERY good friends (two on their first, one on her second), 3 are friends I met online (ha!) and converse with daily on a message board, 3 are family. I have three baby showers to go to. Luckily the two very good friends on their first we are having a joint shower.
- Another good friend who lives in DC is coming in in August. Possibly the weekend of the shower referenced above. However, said good friend and another friend are no longer friends and don't speak. This is causing a bit of an issue for the shower.
- PJ discovered bunnies this week. He calls them birds, but eh, he'll say bunnies eventually. He can spot the damn things under a car across the street though. Unfortunately, I am not as amazed by bunnies as he is.
- And these bunnies? Are fucking bold. Seriously. I remember when I was a kid you got within half a block from a bunny and the damn thing scampered away. These bunnies PJ can practically touch before they decide to leave. Are they taking sterioids?
- I have testing today for my old firm. Please hope it goes well, please hope they offer me the job before my VACATION next week.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Friday Night Leftovers
Happy Friday! Here we go.
Labels:
Friday Leftovers,
Maggie,
PJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EVERY animal except for a dog is a Kiddy (kitty) to Lovie. Hehe.
ReplyDeletedid you discuss PJ's vocab with the doc at his last appointment? if you're concerned i'd go to him/her first. my great niece said NOTHING until after she turned 2. and then it was like full sentences. ok, maybe not full sentences but what she did say was pretty clear.
I sucked my thumb relentlessly from the day I was born until I had braces aged 11 and guess what, I can talk PERFECTLY. Don't listen to that nonsense, just scaremongering old wives tales! My sister-in-law said the same thing to me about using a paci on my baby (which she thinks are things from the devil), that it impedes speech development - my baby is 11 months old and just said her first proper word and chats away non-stop.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you have to worry. On Wednesday at playgroup there was a kid who's turning 4 in 6 weeks and he was talking constantly but I think I understood 2-3 words. Everything else was totally garbled and gibberish.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're absolutely right about consonant sounds. If he's saying, "ook" instead of book or "og" instead of dog, then you should be concerned, but there are kids who do that and eventually turn out fine.
Dexter rocks.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the speech thing. If your pedi says something then maybe that would be a person to listen to. The sitter? No matter how much I love our nanny I routinely placate and silently blow off certain things.
I love your blog. Thank you for finding mine, I am now following you!
ReplyDeleteWow I'm surprised the sitter is even saying something to you about it...so weird. I hope you get offered the job and wow that's a lot of pregnant friends!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has a speech delay, and before getting her diagnosed, I constantly heard from people, "She needs therapy, I can't understand her," or even from her doctor AND a speech therapist, "She doesn't need therapy. She's fine!" In my heart, though, *I* knew something was not right, so I had her tested and she did have a delay and is now entering her second year of speech therapy.
ReplyDeleteMy point is - you are PJ's mother and you know him very well. If you and your husband don't think anything is wrong, just ignore the babysitter - or tell her not to bring it up again. But if you have any concerns at all, set up an evaluation with a speech therapist.
Good luck!
Good Luck on your testing (I'm late, I'm sorry). How did it go? Is your sitter an expert? No? Then she should shut up. And him sucking his fingers isn't her business and he'll stop eventually. Although, he IS a little crazy for not liking Chick-fil-A, lol....
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the speech thing, but if your dr isn't concerned then I wouldn't be either. Screw the babysitter!
ReplyDeleteI still have Alice rear facing, but I hate that I can't see her either. I may turn her around on her 2nd birthday. Is Maggie almost 20 lbs?
Sorry I've been gone so long. Missed following you.
I would trust your instinct on the speech issue. Most states have a Early Intervention department that would do a free evaluation if you wanted to set your mind at ease.
ReplyDeleteHoly lot of pregnant friends!
Bunnies on steroids...what a nightmare!
ReplyDeleteI turned the Crazies around on their first birthday...I'm such a rebel. I'm totally with you though. I'd rather see my kids.