Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thank goodness he's cute.

So if you don't have a two-year-old yet, let me warn you.

The Terrible 2's?  Not a myth.

Not an Old Wives Tale.

SPOT ON.

PJ is still adorable, and cute, and funny, and smart and I love him more than I can even think.  But OMG.

He is rowdy.  Rambunctious.  He BIT Maggie the other day and left a mark on her.  He tried to bite another little girl at day care.

He pushes people.

He almost hit Mags with a toy yesterday.

When she's crawling, he tries to ride her piggy back style.

He sometimes refuses to eat.

He sometimes spits out his food or drink.

He throws tantrums when we come in from outside, when I leave.

But then.

He hugs me tight.

He says night Mama.

He grabs my face and gives me kisses.

He says "HI BABY!" and gives Maggie kisses when she wakes up in the morning.

He stands on the edge of her crib when she's standing in her crib and kisses her.

He brings her her toys.

He falls asleep in my arms.

The two's might be terrible.  But I'm loving every minute of it.

10 comments:

  1. Aw! If he's that sweet, I'm sure the "terrible two's" are easily overlooked and quickly forgotten. What a great big brother he is! How did your interviews go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those have hit our house a little early and we have no sweet Mags to distract Pie with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little boogars...they sure know how to turn on the charm when needed to avoid trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, mine's only 5 mos and acts like a terrible toddler sometimes, lol! I always tell her at 3am that it's a good thing she's cute too b/c I don't get up at 3am for just anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting timing on this post - Ada turns 2 on Sunday. I keep hearing from people that as soon as their child turned two they also turned into completely unrecognizable lunatics! I had hoped this wasn't true :( My baby is kind by nature but also ever so opinionated. Would love to hear your strategies for dealing with the difficult behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those terrible twos have hit our house recently! Everything you listed? My monster does the same thing. But those smiles, sweet soft eyes, gentle kisses, and super tight mommy hugs make it all so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing for those sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have only been in the 2s for just over a month...and it's been the best and worst month so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having a problem with the terrible fours. The frustrating fours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say that all the time...there's a reason God gave them that little waddle walk and thick thighs...they need them for survival!

    Hailey was biting at 11 months...that's what we started time-outs with her. I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.