Monday, January 23, 2012

Rainbow Babies

I don't normally post twice in one day, but I felt this was necessary.

I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with PJ.  It was terrible, but I was lucky enough to get pregnant quickly after.  However, I never stop thinking about the baby I lost.

PJ is my Rainbow Baby.

"Rainbow Babies" are the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and the clouds. Storm clouds may still loom over but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy, and much needed hope.

Please share this with someone who has lost a baby.  There is nothing that will ever fill the hole that is caused by losing a child.




6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa. I think about my miscarriage every day. It's nice to see a different (read: more positive) way of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there too. It's hard and I still think about that baby too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.