Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PYHO: Friendship



It's a new year. 

I've been thinking the past few days, when I realized this was the 7th new year John and I have rung in together (actually, 10th if you could the other three we rang in together when we were not a couple), about how truly, truly amazing the friends I have are.

My two oldest and best friends have been with me since I was 16.  We have had our periods of disconnect.  We have had our differences.  But nothing ever changed between us. We never loved each other any less.  We all had babies in 2009.  The same doctor delivered all of them -- three boys.  Dylan, PJ, and Luke.

I love these girls like sisters.  I would do just about anything for them.  One is the godmother to Maggie.  If either of them had godmothers for their children, I'm certain I would be the godmother to one or more of their kids.

Then I have my other close friends.  I have about 7-8 other close girlfriends.  Friends I love with my heart and soul.  Friends I can tell anything to.  The girls who get together for girls night out.  And I have known the majority of these girls for anywhere from 10-13 years.

I also have a solid group of close guy friends, some I've known since I was 16, some I've know since I was 19.  I can depend on them.  They can depend on me.  We help each other, look out for each other, celebrate each others happinesses and lean on each other for support in times of trouble.  Alot of these people I've mentioned are in this picture:

Some are missing.   But most of them are there.  Celebrating me and John's wedding day, because, for the most part, we have the same friends.  Since we were friends first.

I have another group of friends.  Girls I talk to on a daily basis.  Girls I met when I was planning my wedding and we now have formed a private group message board where we talk daily.  These girls know more about me than they probably ever wanted to know.  But they are a rock.  A support system.  Friends.  Friends I'm not sure how I would have gotten through some of the rough times without.



And then there's my bloggy friends.  Some of you I wish lived near me because I know how much fun we have.  Some of you I think about daily, when something comes up that makes you pop into my head.  Some of you are truly, truly friends.  Especially Rebecca, Monica, Sara, Rach and of course, Shell, the wonderful host of tis link up.  I consider all of you who's blogs I read and who read mine friends, but those five have been with me since the beginning.  And I love you ladies.  I love sharing your joy, feeling your pain, and for all the support, care, laughs, and love.

So cherish your friends.  I know I do.

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe that photo is from 2 years ago already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. XO, mama :)

    I had to send out a mass email this year when I realized just how long it had been since I had talked to some friends (oh, wait, you knew that). It's so sad to me that I can't tell each one every day how important they are to me. LIfe it too short and time goes by way too quickly to not tell people, including your friends, how much you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you have such a strong core of friends and have had them for so long. I really have only one or two people that I truly keep in touch with from growing up- I think moving across the country for college had a lot to do with that- I always sort of knew I wasn't going to stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such wonderful groups of friends! You're very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn my common name! I was all ready to pledge my undying love only to discover you weren't talking about me. Though I'm certain you meant to....I kid, I kid. I'm glad you have such a strong core of people in your life. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well spoken. The circles of friendship in our lives are critical. I feel like I have lost a couple of those face to face ones since we moved some three years ago, and they aren't ones that are 'growing back', even with work from me. It makes me even more grateful for the online communities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally made my day! It's too bad all my blogging friends don't live anywhere near me.

    It's good to have girlfriends. I really miss that since it's been hard to find new ones as a SAHM. I have 2 friends that I've known since middle school with whom I'm still pretty close but neither of them live here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky to have such a great group of friends. I agree, I wish my bloggy friends lived close to me. We'd have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friends are a blessing! So glad you have so many in your circle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have some great friends in your life...you're a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you too, chicka! I wish I had been at your wedding...I definitely wouldn't drink too much and try to do karaoke with the DJ!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.