I don't normally do these writing prompts. But I was intrigued by this one, first, because it's 22 things you have done, and PJ was born on the 22nd, and second, because I think it's a cool thing.
So here goes.
I'm 32 years old and....
1. I have laughed so hard I've peed in my pants. Many times.
2. I have realized that having a shitty childhood has propelled me into ensuring my kids' childhood is fantastic.
3. I have married my best friend and the love of my life.
4. I have lost a baby and experienced heartache like nothing I've ever felt before.
5. I watched my favorite, most loved, best dog I ever had or will have die on my kitchen floor.
6. I have walked down the beach in Maui holding hands with my husband.
7. I have given birth to two wonderful children, and now watch two pieces of my heart walk around outside my body.
8. I have known and continue to know what it is to have true friends.
9. I've been choked by someone who broke into my bedroom at night.
10. I have gone to 4 Bears games, all of which they've won (I think that's a sign).
11. I have seen my husband become a man. When his father died, he became a man unlike anyway he was before. He became a rock, a symbol of strength, for his sister, his family. As much as his heart hurts, I've never been more proud of him.
12. I have had a child repeatedly vomit all over me and not cared at all, because all I wanted was for him to feel better.
13. I've cried because I couldn't figure out why my baby girl was so upset when I laid her down.
14. I've learned that losing someone unexpectedly and suddenly is terribly hard and a horrible loss, but waiting everyday for someone to die, watching them wither away, is much, much harder.
15. I've discovered that the smile I get from PJ and Maggie when I pick them up from day care is the best part of my day.
16. I've seen true love in action.
17. I have never worn makeup in my life, except for the plays I was in in high school.
18. I've learned to make my grandmother's and mom's gravy (spaghetti sauce for you non-Italians) but I've also always known it will NEVER taste as good as theirs.
19. I have had part of my kidney removed due to kidney stones. I have an eight inch scar. Kidney stones are worse than giving birth. I promise.
20. I've loved with my whole heart, but I've also hated with my whole soul.
21. I had the perfect wedding and I wouldn't change anything about it.
22. I have made a family, out of the love I have for my husband, and he for me, and the love we have for our children. No matter what else happens in life, I will always have my happinesses.
That's a great post. YOu have some wonderful things in there....(except for the vomit ; ) )
ReplyDeletedang girl, you're a sap in your old age! ;D
ReplyDeleteWow! I really just learned a lot about you from a 22 numbered list!
ReplyDeleteWait number 9 the choking thing- what the heck happened???
ReplyDeleteAnd jealous of the Hawaii one-- someday. And love the last one.
#9?? How awful, I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI've had kidney stones too. I'm really not sure if my labor contractions or the stones were worse.
And I can't believe you don't wear makeup! Not that you need to! But that's so awesome.
Oh wow. You have had quite a life! From, being choked by someone, to kidney stones to not having worn makeup! I know so much more about you from this post alone! :)
ReplyDelete