So we went to Goose Island Brewery on Saturday with six of our friends to celebrate John's and our friend Jim's birthdays.
For those of you that don't know, Goose Island is a Brewery operated here in Chicago. (Yes, they were just merged with Anehauser Busch, but they still brew their own beer in the breweries here in Chicago). Anyway, we went on a brew tour, then a tasting, and then ate dinner there.
I don't drink beer. I think all beer tastes the same, but this was not my birthday celebration, plus someone had to drive the drunk beer drinkers home. However, Goose Island also makes their own pop - Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange Cream Soda, Grape, etc.
Now. I was fully planning on getting a Root Beer and a Cream Soda of some kind. Then I saw this on the menu:
The O: Orange Cream Soda with Malibu Rum and Vanilla Stoli
Um, I'm sorry. Did you just make ORANGE CREAM SODA alcoholic?
Sign me up.
It was DELICIOUS. Unfortunately, I could only have one since I was driving, but WOW.
Then. THEN.
They had hot pretzels. Um. They had a cheddar jalapeno pretzel with cheese sauce. OH MY GOD. If we ever go back, I will order two of those and it will be my MEAL.
So, if you are ever in Chicago, go to Goose Island if you like beer. And if you don't like beer, go and get The O and a pretzel.
PRETZEL UPDATE!!!
I JUST FOUND OUT THE PRETZELS IN QUESTION ARE KIM & SCOTT'S GOURMET PRETZELS. Which you can buy in your local grocer's freezer!!!
I'm going today!!!!!!



Goose Island is my FAVORITE! I'm not that big a beer drinker, but Goose Island Matilda is my beer of choice. Soooooo goooood!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso- the food is awesome. :)
I could live on their chili cheese fries.
I think my company is opening a Chicago store next year.... That drink may be worth transferring for :-)
ReplyDeleteI love jalapeno pretzels. I'm not much of a beer drinker either.
ReplyDeleteUhh....YUM!!
ReplyDeleteThose pretzels sound good!
ReplyDeleteThe O sounds like something I would like! The pretzels too actually :)
ReplyDeleteOooh that sounds yummy! I will definitely have to hit that up when I am in Chicago!
ReplyDeleteDying to go there one day...
ReplyDeleteI love that you did a post solely about beer, alcoholic drinks, and pretzels.
ReplyDeleteLove a girl who will write about food and drink just for the hell of it. That orange cream soda sounds amazing.
ReplyDelete