Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's gonna get muddy.

First and foremost. 

MAGGIE IS WALKING.

Full fledged, walk across the room, take 15-20 steps, needs to wear shoes outside now because she is WALKING PEOPLE.

And she did this on my birthday.  Best birthday ever!

Anyways...

I'm going on a Jeep Jamboree this coming weekend -- an offroading trip. 

We go to this particular trip every year, and have been for years -- John since 2002, me since 2005.

PJ went in 2009.



Last year we didn't go because a certain someone was due to make her debut into this world a mere week later. And she did, six days early, on the last day of the trip.

So good thing we didn't go.

We have three jeeps -- a Cherokee, a Grand Cherokee and a Patriot.

However, the Cherokee is off-road only.  Here's a pic of our off road beast.

It's lifted.  Three inches.  And has bigger tires.  And I'm short ya'll.  So I have to hoist myself in there.

The Cherokee has been through a lot.  Some of the new things we'll have to deal with this year include:

The driver's side rear door does not open.  So we have to get PJ in and out of the car seat/Jeep through the front seat. He, I am sure, will enjoy this IMMENSELY.  My back?  Not so much.

Maggie is walking.  Which means she's going to want to get down and walk in the mud, forest, trees, dangerous places that one year olds shouldn't walk.

PJ is running.  And jumping.  And thinks being chased is hysterical.  And we're going to be on a ranch with acres and acres of land.

It's okay though.  It's gonna be a blast and I know the kids will love it.  And don't be sad because I have three fantastic ladies guest blogging over here while I am gone so you aren't bored.

When I return, my baby girl will be ONE.  Because she is a 10-10-10 baby (seriously, how cool is that?) and I'm sure I'll have many stories to tell.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a great time. And completely jealous that you got 10/10/10...at least Nolan has the second coolest date with 10/20/10! You need to post a video of Maggie walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a fun vacation! Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a great time!!!! Yay for Maggie walking!!! I remember being so excited when my kids started walking!!

    Love the new pic in your header!!! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Have a great trip and I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a lot of fun- and that's coming from ME! Also that Jeep looks exactly like my friends that we got stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I'd love to go on one of those offroading trips with my family one day. Have to get a jeep first though.
    Congrats on your little one for walking! And seriously, having a birth date like 10-10-10 is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10-10-10 is awesome...I'm jelly.

    Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.