It was unseasonably gorgeous this weekend in Chicago. 75 on Saturday and 84 yesterday. I'm talking beautiful. So we spent 4 hours outside each day, which of course led to glorious early bedtimes and mama being able to relax.
Our backyard is "the backyard." We have a bouncy house (yes, our very own), a slide, a swing, a sandbox, a water table (when it's warm enough), golf, baseball, basketball, lawn mower, Cozy Coupe, big wheel, and a swimming pool. I am talking there is something for kids to do at our house. It's super nice because PJ is never bored outside, and next year when Maggie can actually partake, there will be the addition of girly toys to this mix. Good times.
Anyway, my son is a better golfer than I am. Not that I am any kind of golfer, but he already sets up his hands on the club properly and has the stance down. He also tries to tee up the ball on anything he can. And he hits it pretty far. I am perfectly okay with my son becoming a wildly successful professional golfer. And his daddy wouldn't be able to contain his beaming pride.
Saturday we went to Fogo de Chao with some friends, so MIL babysat. Which is perfectly awesome. She's so strange though. I love the woman, but here's a few things that happened.
1. She locked EVERY SINGLE WINDOW IN OUR HOUSE. Now, our windows have those stoppers on them, so the window only opens about 2 inches, and I always have those on at night. But she closed and LOCKED every single window. I went to open them yesterday and had to unlock every single one.
2. She forces (sort of) PJ to stay up. When PJ doesn't nap, and he plays outside, he's out by 8 (last night 745). She said he went to bed at 830. It's funny. I know he's tired so I get him relaxed on the couch and he inevitably falls asleep. She just keeps him going.
3. She told us she had some of our Chips Ahoy cookies. No problem. Now, after I had some Friday night, there was a whole row left, save for a couple cookies. I went to have some last night and there were 7 left. SEVEN. The woman ate about 15 cookies. Seriously? 15 cookies??? I guess if that's the payment for babysitting, that's not too bad. But 15??
omg your backyard DOES sound like THE backyard! so jealous! but what are girly toys? seriously, it sounds perfect as is!
ReplyDeletemmmm chips ahoy!! ;)
I am not sure. I bet they exist though. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun backyard! We need more to entertain our kids in ours.
ReplyDelete15 cookies is a lot, but that's not bad for babysitting payment!
Chips Ahoy are irresistible, I gotta say, but DANG that's a lot of cookies at once. Maybe she locked all those windows to prevent anyone from coming in and taking the cookies away from her. ;)
ReplyDeleteI want to come play! Next time we get up that way to visit my SIL, I'm coming over :-)
ReplyDelete15 cookies isn't bad for payment, not sure about hips though ;-)
Poor PJ being kept up!