Monday, April 25, 2011

Sometimes I feel bad for the not-so-cute kids.

WARNING:  This is going to be an extremely conceited post. 

First LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF MY GORGEOUS BABY GIRL


Seriously.  SERIOUSLY.  She's fucking beautiful.  I mean, my awesome kick ass friend Katie Ryan is extremely fucking talented as well, but even she can't turn an ugly kid into the gorgeousness of Maggie in this picture.  And this is just one of MANY gorgeous pics she took of my baby girl.

So my kids are pretty fucking cute.  I know this because strangers have commented to me how cute they are, people I don't know have made comments on pictures on FB that family have posted, etc.  It's not the obligatory "Oh he's so cute" because strangers don't do that.  And of course, as a parent, you always think YOUR kids are the cutest, but you can also appreciate the cuteness of other kids.  And at the same time, you can recognize the not-so-cuteness of others.

Some kids start off really cute, and then as they get older, they lose it.  Maybe they have a really big forehead.  Maybe they look too much like someone in the family who's just not that attractive.  Maybe they don't have enough hair, and this is of course through no fault of their own, but they just look weird.  Sometimes they start off not so cute, and then get cuter as they get older.  YAY!  Whatever the case may be, I feel bad when I know my kids are cuter than someone else's.  Because I'm pretty blunt and honest, and I won't tell someone their kid is cute because they say mine are. 

I have a lot of friends who have kids and I will say the majority of them are adorable.  There's a couple that I give the side-eye too, but they are pretty much all good kids, and I'd be happy if either PJ or Maggie ended up with one of our friends' kids later in life. 

The good thing is, all of you followers of mine that have kids?  All your kids are adorable.  And I'm not just saying that because you said PJ and Maggie were. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha too funny! Maybe people only blog if their kids are cute? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i think both of my kids are pretty cute but when we are out strangers always always are talking about how cute my blonde hair 2 year old is and noone ever notices his bald but just as beautiful little brother hidden away in his carrier. i always want to yell .. hey, the bald one is cute too! look at him - but i don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She would look even prettier without the stupid headband. I don't understand why people feel compelled to put ridiculous looking flower ornaments on baby girls.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.