I am not sure why this just popped into my head today, but I felt the urge to share it with you fine ladies who follow me, and maybe, just maybe, get a few more followers in the process (I know some of you read and don't follow, come on dammit!!)
Anyway, I suddenly remembered the day -- hell the fucking MOMENT I realized I had pubic hair.
We were at GREAT AMERICA. Yes, Six Flags in all it's wonderment. I was 9. It was me, my mom, my stepdad and my uncle. My mom hates roller coasters. She went on the carousel, and maybe a water ride. So she was basically there so I didn't have to go into the ladies room by myself. I digress.
So I had to go pee, and we go to the bathroom. I go in the stall, close the door, pull down my pants. I'm doing the squat and hover (which, at 9, when you're about 4.5 feet tall, isn't really all that easy). I decide to look down. Sidenote: Had I never looked down before that day? It's not like all the hair just grew that morning or something.
Whoa. I have hair. Between my legs. This is weird.
Continue to take an unusually long time staring at the hair between my legs, meanwhile almost falling onto the toliet (gasp, germs) because my nine year old self cannot hold myself up this long.
I am amazed at this discovery. Must tell mom. I quickly wipe and run out of the stall, to see my mom waiting for me at the sink. I wash my hands.
"MOM! MOM!!"
"What?"
"Come here." I gesture for her to bend down so I can whisper in her ear. She obliges me.
"I have hair between my legs! I saw it just now!"
My mom, to her credit, did not laugh hysterically. She simply patted my head and said, "Honey, everybody does."
I spent the rest of the day wondering what "everybody" meant. Did boys? Did all my girlfriends? Did my mom??? Why did we have hair down there?
A couple days later, I got the nerve to ask my best friend (the best friend who got boobs before anyone else in school, who due to her boobularity forced me to wear a bra long before I needed it, just so when boys would clap me on the back, they'd feel a bra strap) if she knew about this revelation.
"Duh, everybody does."
haha! That was great! I remember watching mine slowly grow in. I can't believe I ever WANTED it. Eww...
ReplyDeleteThe things we wanted back then! And now I get to relive it all through my 11 year old. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteLol! Duh, everybody does! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis made me think of me getting my first period! I'll have to post about it soon :-)
Haha! And it's so hard to understand that back then we WANTED to have hair there! Ugh!
ReplyDeleteSo funny, I remember this too, the things we go through as kids. I love "boobularity."
ReplyDelete