So we're sort of kind of starting potty training for PJ. We put him on the toilet before baths, sometimes other times, etc.
He has now peed in the toilet THREE TIMES. But yesterday, yesterday was the grandest.
I heard him screwing around in the bathroom. I march in, fully prepared to yell. He was pointing at the toliet, and pointing at his seat.
"Do you have to go pee pee?"
He nodded.
I pulled his pants down, whipped the diaper off and put him on the seat.
AND HE STARTED PEEING.
My little guy told me he had to go pee. Well sort of. He hasn't actually said pee, or anything like that, but he recognized he had to pee and let me know!
I realize this might not happen again for days, weeks, maybe. And he just turned 2 a month ago. My goal is to have him potty trained and out of diapers by September.
I think I am going to stop buying diapers and buy pullups. Or maybe just smaller boxes of diapers for night time.
Man, what will I do with all that money and time if I only have to change one child's diapers?
I just began this potty training business, but a couple things I learned already.
The "splash guard" sucks. PJ would not pee and then I took it off and he did. I think it scrapes their poor little weiners. Yes, we get some pee on the toilet, the floor, and me, but it's worth it because HE'S PEEING IN THE TOILET.
If you ask your child if he has to go pee and he says no, don't force him on the potty anyway. You want it to be a pleasant experience, not something he or she is scared of and then never wants to do again.
That's all I got. Please share with me your potty training experience, tips, tools, whatever.
Sounds like he is doing great. I am not a big fan of pull-ups (they are more expensive) and I kind of think they just extend the whole process - you know one more step. I would give it a few more weeks and then when you are sure he is ready - just go for it!
ReplyDeleteIt is the perfect time of year for potty training!