Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PYHO Wednesday: My Pet, the Peeve


Once again, I'm linking up to Shel today for things I can't say.

My Pet, the Peeve.

The people that stop in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store, making it impossible for you to pass on either side, while your 2 year old is grabbing and knocking everything off the shelves as you try fruitlessly to maneuver past.

The people who every time it rains, snows, is sunny, is windy, is cloudy, suddenly lose all ability to drive with any sort of basic skill.

The mom who lets her kid run around with snots running down his nose, and into his mouth, and watches her kid try to hug your kid, and then wonders what the big deal is that your kid now has her kid's snots on his shirt.

The person who has no idea how a revolving door works, so they stop when they get out and you inevitably hit them, because you know how a  revolving door works.

The person who uses the self checkout but has no idea how to and ends up taking 100 times longer.

The people who make signs for businesses and add extraneous apostrophes.  Kids Eat Free on Friday's!
Friday isn't possessing anything, morons.  It's simply PLURAL, as in, FRIDAYS.

The people who for some reason can't type "your" on FB, but instead put "ur".  Yes those extra keystrokes are just too much for me.

The people who see you getting your child or children out of the backseat of your car, yet when they park next to you still park like such an asshole that you have to turn your child sideways to get them back in their carseat.  Forget about it if you have an infant seat to put back.

The people that assume because I have children I want to hear about your niece's cousin's baby or whatever.  Unless you are another mom with your child I don't want to talk to you.  Sometimes not even then.

The people that think by reposting some statistics about cancer, child abuse, military pay, etc., on Facebook are magically going to solve this problem . By saying "repost this if you agree" you can pretty much guarantee I won't repost it.

This is in no means an all-inclusive list, but I feel better getting it off my chest.

Also, a big huge thankful to all of you who commented on my post from yesterday.  Your words and thoughts mean a lot to me and I appreciate your support more than you could ever know.

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I agree with so many of your pet peeves. Another one that drives me crazy are the people who get your/you're and there/their/they're all mixed up. Come on people none of these are interchangeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Florida where it rains everyday in the summer pretty much. Yet people still lose the ability to drive in it everyday. UGH!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels good to let out the rants every once in a while.

    I hate the people who park on top of me when I'm trying to get my kids in or out. Seriously, do they not see the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! So many of these hit home.

    The facebook "97% won't repost this" crew drives me nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this list! I am on board with every one of them. And, can I please add one of my own? *People who overuse and/or misuse air quotes* :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those things are definitely on my list too. Especially the people who park next to you in the parking lot when you are loading/unloading an uncooperative kid. Is that really necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I loved this!! So many of those bug me too, especially the Facebook ones. And the grocery store ones. And the snot one. Not because I have a child, but because snot is gross...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the FB stuff drives me nuts! And there is NO excuse for ur (except maybe text messages). People are just lazy. I want my children to be able to speak and write properly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on those peeves. How about people who begin backing out next to you as your child is trying to get in or out of the car? Seriously? They can't wait the extra 10 seconds to ensure a child's safety?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree 100% on all of those! my biggest pet peeve is when I am walking to my parking space obviously with children and the car stops to take my space because they couldn't dare park in the back of the lot and then wait even if I have to change 2 diapers, find sippy cups and put the giant stroller away and then give me a nasty hurry up look. i always want to yell "if you weren't so f'in lazy you would be in the freakin store by now"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh Can you add people who don't put away grocery carts to that list? OR people need to get out of the elevator first in order to let others in. I hate people who just push through.

    Nice Post!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.