I am stealing this from Sara at Life's Recipe because I thought it was a terrific post and wanted to do something similar. So here goes.
If you really knew me...
...you would know that I hate cleaning. I am terrible at it, and tend to "tidy" up more than clean. I firmly believe people are too anal about germs now days.
...you would know that although I hate makeup, and never wear it, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if I did actually know how to use it and did wear it.
...but I worry that John wouldn't think I was pretty without it if I ever wore it, so I never will.
...I think ALS is the most devastating disease a person can have. A person with ALS is trapped inside a body that doesn't work.
...Because of this, I wish my mom's suffering would end, because she's not living any kind of life, and the mom I had is gone.
...I am very picky about who I trust with my kids. I trust my BFF over my SIL. I can't tell you why, and I could never tell my husband that.
...I worry that PJ won't be good at sports and John will be devastated.
...I worry Maggie will hate sports and I will be devastated.
...I hate bugs of all kinds. HATE. Will scream like a little girl for John to come kill one and if he's not home, the kids and I will leave.
...I am a very loyal friend, and very forgiving. However, if you decide that you don't have time for me in your life, I won't have time for you in mine.
...I fell in love with my best friend.
And a few other things:
Maggie is almost sitting up by herself. She's got the tripod down.
PJ gets his own spoons now.
Check out Sara's blog.
So sorry about your mom. I agree, such a terrible disease.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of germs...a mom friend of mine actually changes her kid's clothes when they go to a playcenter. Like they actually bring a change of clothes so that the germy clothes don't touch the car seat. She also doesn't dry her hands with my hand towels when she visits. I'm a complete clean freak and my house is always clean so I try not to take offense but come on lady! We need to have resistance to germs...it won't kill us, it makes us stronger!
Whew...rant over! :)
P.S. - you should take the word verification off your comments. :)
ReplyDeleteTasha, thanks I didn't realize the word verification was on! And crazy mom friend. That's insane. She'd hate my house. ;)
ReplyDeleteI trust my bff over most of my family to watch the kids.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to pick up than clean. Or maybe I convinced myself that because I barely have time to pick up.
And I rarely wear makeup. I just don't feel like wearing it most days. Sometimes I'll get in a phase and wear it for a few days.
Sorry abou your mom. That is tough. My Papa had alzheimers and couldn't remember who any of us were, but was physically healthy. That was hard on us. I remember he would ask about his one sister, whohad passed five years prior, and seeing him deal with her loss daily (each time was new to him) was heartbreaking. I imagine the reverse is harder on the sufferer (your mom) because she is aware of what is going on.
The majority of my friends are germ freaks - drives me insane. My friend freaked out this week because I used a burp cloth that had fallen on the floor at ChickFila to wipe snot off my baby's face - gasp, the horror. whatever - her kids are sick way more than mine. a little dirt is good for you.
ReplyDeleteI rarely wear makeup either - I don't think I look that bad without it and most days it is a miracle if I even shower let alone do a whole beauty routine.
Sorry about your mom - that has to be impossibly hard. just said a prayer for her.
I wear very little makeup because I was never taught or shown how to really put it on. And I also tidy up a lot more often than do a thorough cleaning. ALS is devastating, I'm so so sorry about your mom. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeletePS - I LOVE this post idea!!! I may have to borrow it too! ;)