Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I got an award. For Substance.


So I got an award from my blogger friend Sarah because I have a blog with substance!  And no, the irony is not lost on me that my post from yesterday was about the cuteness of my kids as opposes to not-so-cute kids.  Anyway, since Sarah bestowed this award on me, I have to share 7 things about myself with you, my fabulous readers.

1.   I love football.  Chicago Bears football to be exact. I know more than most guys, I swear and yell at the refs, I play fantasy football, you will never find me shopping while the game is on or complaining that my husband is watching the game.  I even watch the OTHER games.  Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, etc.  I have to keep up with my fantasy team!

2.  I love Coca Cola.  Seriously.  I don't drink coffee.  I do not like Pepsi and pretty much won't drink it.  And not that diet crap.  COCA COLA PEOPLE. 

3.  I have an extremely huge problem with obvious grammar mistakes, but my BIGGEST pet peeve is when people use apostrophes for things that are plural.  For example, "Kids eat free on Tuesday's!"  NO.  Tuesday is not possessing anything.  IT'S TUESDAYS!!!

4.  I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with PJ.  Next to my mom's disease, it is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through.  I was lucky to get pregnant very quickly with PJ afterwards, but my heart still breaks when I think about it and breaks every time I hear of some poor woman losing a child.

5.  I hate socks. Seriously.  I have a rule that I do not wear socks from April 1- November 1. I don't care how cold it gets during these months.  I do not wear socks.  I hate them.  In the winter months I take them off the minute I get home, and if I'm not going to be outside for long, I won't wear them outside.

6.  I still watch Roseanne whenever it is on TV.  Not the later ones though, with the new Becky and when they won the lottery.  I'm talking about the early episodes, when Becky was dating Mark, and Darlene was at her prime.  That is some of the best television ever.

7.  My best friends from high school, though I don't see them as often as I'd like anymore, or even talk to them as often as I like, are still my best friends, and we always pick up right where we left off.  The same doctor delivered all three of our first borns.

So there you go!  And now, I get to bestow this exciting award on 7 of my friends in no order.  Some of these ladies are super awesome busy bloggers, so I don't expect them to do it, but if they do great!!  So here you go ladies!! :)


7 comments:

  1. I am with you all the way with Coke! I don't like Pepsi or diet...the real thing! Gotta love the burn of Coke LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you!!!! Love a cold coke - but pretty live for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Am working on my post now!

    I used to loooooooove Roseanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the Coke, but it's diet only for me. Sorry!

    I've never met anyone who was so against socks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love football! I'll watch any game.
    I hate socks too. I'd live in flip flops and slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg...roseanne...are we soul sisters!

    i love love love football, but i'm a ny giants fan...or is that ny giant's fan? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! So sorry for the delayed response - I actually saw this earlier in the week. I'm working on my response between work and naps :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.