Monday, March 19, 2012

These are the days...

This weekend was absolutely awesome.  It was near or above 80 (that's right 80) in Chicago in March.

Friday we had a play date at McDonalds with one of my oldest and best friends (and one of my favorite people).

Saturday we cleaned in the morning. Then we met my stepdad for lunch at Red Robin (yum) where BOTH kids were very well behaved.  Then we got home and put Daddy to work.

My mom always wanted to buy the kids big outside toys.  And this was the one she got them for Christmas.

The bouncy house in the backyard was a gift a couple years back.  Yes, we have our very own bouncy house.

Daddy also had to put together Maggie's cozy coupe, because it wasn't fair for PJ just to have one.  And of course, PJ had to get his hammer and help Daddy.


Sunday we went to the zoo.  It was awesome.  Again, the kids were super well behaved (not sure what is going on here).  The best part was on the way home, completely unprompted, PJ says

"I had fun at the zoo Mom."

Heart = melted.

Then he proceeded to tell me he wanted to "go have fun in the backyard."

And that we did. 

Maggie's first pigtails. She needs a bit more hair, but still. She's fricking adorable.






PJ, immediately after I said "PJ, do NOT climb in the water table.  You're too big."

And seriously folks.  It does NOT get cuter than this.  It really, really doesn't.

10 comments:

  1. I am loving her hair! And I'm so glad it's warm and you guys are having so much fun outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is WAY too cute- and those pigtails?1?!?!??!?! I'M DYING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO CUTE!! It sounds like your weekend was action packed and do much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those pigtails are adorable! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable. We had wonderful weather in the northeast too. I am loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Maggie's pigtails! And her smile is absolutely adorable. I wanna squeeze her!!

    Why oh why do boys always insist on proving us wrong? The other day I told the boys they couldn't walk around the outside of the trampoline and of course they had to try it just to prove me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pigtails! So cute! Pretty pup, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love first pigtails!!! It's such a triumph!

    Love big toys...we need more!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.