Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sometimes, you just have to eat your grapes.



PJ and Maggie are 18.5 months apart.  Sometimes this causes a bit of chaos, a bit of rivalry, a bit of both wanting Mommy all to themselves.  Sometimes there's hitting, kicking, hair pulling.

But most of the time?  There's love, caring, affection, and laughter.

Yesterday, before leaving for the sitter, I put some grapes in a baggie.  PJ always picks the mixed grapes when we go to store -- green for him, purple for Maggie.  So I put a mixture of both. 

I was putting them in my purse when he saw them.

"I take the grapes, Mommy."

"Okay, bud. Remember to share with Maggie."

"Maggie, do you want a grape?"

"Uh-huh!"

He hands her a (purple) grape and I get them out and settled in the car. As we're driving, I hear

"More grapes Maggie?"

I look in the mirror and see Maggie shake her head feverishly.  And then I see PJ reach in the bag, take out a purple grape, and stretch his arm across as far as he can to get to Maggie.  She notices, and reaches her arm across.

"REACH Maggie!"

Finally, their hands meet.

"YAY!! Maggie you got the grape!"

Maggie dissolves in giggles and eats her grape.  PJ takes a green one.

This occurred the entire time to the sitter.  Which is only 10 minutes, but it was by far the best 10 minutes of my day.

In 20 years or so, I hope they still reach to each other.  I hope they are close, that they lean on each other, that they laugh together, that they love each other.

Sibling love is something I never had.  I am so glad that they do.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I really hope my boys are like that. PJ is such a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet.... My brother and I couldn't stand one another, until this past summer. I'm glad they get along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet.
    I have a few that are 18 months apart. That's my favorite age span!
    Your children are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that they are so close too and hope it does continue. It's something I want for Donut if we have more kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.