I have a good friend who just got engaged. I also have a group of girlfriends who all of us got married within a year or so of each other (yes, we met on a wedding website, but we are now super close). The topic of sex on your wedding night came up.
We didn't have sex on our wedding night -- mainly because I forgot to print our boarding passes for our honeymoon.
And we didn't have a printer.
And I didn't realize you can print them at the airport.
So at 2 a.m. the night of our wedding, we drove to Kinkos so I could print them.
With my veil, sparkly headband, tshirt and fleece pants on.
Good times.
We did, however, have sex that morning, as yes we spent the night before our wedding together (GASP!), we had premarital sex (GASP!), and we are heathens.
I have a couple friends who waited till their wedding night to get it on. (Cue "Let's Get it On").
Mostly their reasons are religious based, and that's fine. If you've been here before, you know I'm not a religous person. It also seems most of their husbands felt the same way.
But it also reminds me that when I first heard the line "Come on Virgina, don't let me wait" I had no idea with Mr. Billy Joel was talking about. I also didn't catch the irony of "Virginia."
Though I was raised Catholic, I am far from it. I am not atheist, but I am not religious in any way. I don't see sex as a religious act. I don't see it as something to "save" for your husband. I don't see anything wrong with people who do see it this way, it's just not my style.
I guess I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. :)
The amount of sex my husband and I were having definitely went down after our nuptials. Or maybe it was after our engagement. Either way, when we were dating we were doing it like bunny rabbits. :P
ReplyDeleteheh, i love the way you closed this. :)
ReplyDelete