Monday, March 26, 2012

Hardest thing....

I've figured it out.

The hardest thing to do as a parent.

It's not the lack of sleep. It's not teething. It's not breastfeeding.

Oh no, my friends.

It's fricking POTTY TRAINING.

If I could pay someone to potty train PJ, I would.

He's doing pretty good.  I got some nifty app that plays "I'm a big kid now!" and gives him a sticker when he pees.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I took him to pee every half hour.

He had no pee accidents.  He also never told us he had to pee.

Poop?  Forget it.  He poops and then says I pooped!

I tried to put him on the toliet, but no go.

We've ruined three pairs of underwear -- underwear is not that important that I'm going to spend an hour trying to clean pooped stained underwear that is all over - but that's good, I guess.

He was dry last night.  He hasn't peed in the car when we've left (very briefly this weekend).

People keep telling me it will just click.

I sure hope so.

I also taught him how to pee outside.  In the grass.  So now when we are outside, he says "I pee in grass Mommy."

Klassy right here.

Our sitter is continuing. 

It's going to be okay, right?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I dread that time...and at this point Nolan poops like 5 times a day. I'm like great how is it ever going to be possible to potty train him? Love the new header :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the same potty training nightmare. I'm having a hard time with Dylan now, and I don't remember it being this difficult with my oldest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree! Potty training is the worst. I threw away several pairs of underwear when Alex was potty training--as yea, I would rather spend the money buying new underwear than cleaning it- and if meant my sanity, so worth it.

    The best thing though-- you will someday forget all of this. I sometimes really start thinking about it and I was like, wow I forgot all of that and how hard it was-- so it will happen, it just really sucks during the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he'll figure it out. He won't be in college and pooping his pants. He still may pee in the grass though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad y'all don't have any snow.... You could've taught him to spell also :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.