Monday, February 13, 2012

11 Things about me...

I was tagged in the blogging "chain letter" that's going around by the always amazing Rach at Life Ever Since.  I am so excited she tagged me.  Basically I am going to answer 11 questions she provided and then tag 11 other bloggers to do the same.  Here goes!

1.  If you had to leave the U.S. and move to another country, where would you move to and why?

This is tough, because I've never been to another country.  But I think I'd say Switzerland.  I hear they have really good maternity leave.  And even though we're done having kids, I feel like a country with good maternity leave has to be good for families. Right?

2.  Are you an adventurous eater?  I.e. do you like trying new foods?

Sort of.  I won't eat anything raw and I don't like many vegetables.  I also don't think anything where I don't know what something is is worth trying.

3.  What’s your favorite animal?

Probably a giraffe.  And this is recent.  They are always out when we go to the zoo, and the kids get so excited to see them eating. Plus, they are pretty cool.

4.  What was your first job?

Well I started babysitting at 13, but my first real, take-taxes-out-of-my-paycheck job was at a medical office where I did filing.  I believe I made $4.25 an hour.

5.  Would you renew your vows complete with another wedding?

I would renew our vows, but not a complete wedding. I'd have a small ceremony in Hawaii, with just our very closest friends and family.

6.  What one talent do you wish you had?

I wish I could sing.

7.  Do you let your kids jump on the bed?

Yes.  Absolutely.

8.  What’s your favorite salad dressing?

A really good ceasar or the balsamic vinegarette from Panera.

9.  Do you recycle?

Yes -- but just cans/bottles/plastic.  We don't have that much paper and when we do it almost always gets garbage on it somehow.

10.  What do you like on your ice cream?

I hope I don't lose any friends over this - I don't like ice cream. 

11.  Are you left or right handed?

Right. John desperately wants PJ to be left handed because left handed pitchers are very much sought after in the major leagues.

Okay!! Here are the rules:

  • You must post these rules.
  • Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog.
  • Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  • Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
  • Let each blogger know that you have tagged them
And here are my 11 awesome ladies:

Angie from For The Rest of Our Lives

Helene from I'm Living Proof God Has a Sense of Humor

Natalie from From Corporate to Domestic

Monica from Peeper Summarized

Adrienne from Stories from the Shoebox

Rebecca from Unexplained X2

Emmy from Emmy Mom

Christina from Finally Mom

Sara from Life's Recipe

Sara from Unofficial Mom

Lea from Becoming Supermommy

There you go!! Get it done ladies!

6 comments:

  1. I just got double tagged by you and Rach :) My husband says the same thing about left handed pitching LOL! I would so do the same thing about renewing vows...Hawaii all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm not a big ice cream fan either! It's only been in recent years that I'll eat it more than once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tagged me! Thanks! :) A giraffe? Funny. I'm not a huge ice cream fan either. I don't hate it, but I never buy it or crave it. Thank God b/c I have a hard enough time with the sweets I do like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the 4th person to tag me. I plan on actually doing this next week :). Giraffes are one of my favorites too. I have a good choir voice but I would love love to be able to really sing and perform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't like ice cream? Oh man, I wish I didn't like ice cream so much.

    I didn't realize that about left-handed pitchers. I'll have to make sure Landon is interested in baseball since he's left-handed!

    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with Switzerland's maternity leave!!!

    I'm not a big fan of ice cream either.

    I had to feed a giraffe last Summer to show Matt that it wasn't a big deal and his tongue enveloped my entire hand...it was gross, but cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.