Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacation...Part 2

So when I left off, we were in Austin.  We went to the Salt Lick BBQ, thanks to Man V. Food, and it was amazing.  Let me tell you.  Brisket, where have you been all my life?? OMG, it was so soo good.  We also bought cowboy hats (to be seen later).

We also went to the Austin Children's Museum, which was pretty kick ass.  The kids LOVED it.  They even had a special little baby area for Miss Maggie.



 And I had no idea PJ would really be rock and rollin' when I dressed him that day..


After Austin, we went to San Antonio, which was by far my favorite place in Texas.  We stayed right in downtown San Antonio, so we were able to do the fantastic riverwalk both nights.  If you ever go, the Riverwalk is awesome.  Lots of stores, restaurants, just a totally cool thing to do.

We also went to the Alamo.




The Alamo was seriously a let down.  It took 5 minutes, you can't take pictures inside, you can't touch the walls (try telling a 2 year old he can't touch the walls.  Are you kidding), and it just wasn't what we expected.  It's also right smack dab in the middle of downtown.  Anyway...

the riverwalk was super cool as I said, and we went to dinner and walked along it both times we were there. 





Our second day in San Antoni, we went to SEA WORLD.

SEA WORLD.

Sea World is awesome.  I can't wait to go back when the kids are a little older because they have roller coasters and a water park and all kinds of cool stuff. 

Anxiously waiting for daddy to buy our tickets...



PJ loves the Aquarium, and the fish/underwater stuff at the zoo, so I knew he'd love it here.  And he did.  He kept being amazed at all the animals and all the cool stuff we saw.

We got to feed some sea lions.


Those fish?  HAD EYES PEOPLE.  EYES.  I went to buy them and was immediately grossed out.  I gave them to John and had nothing to do with that.  I made sure I just watched the sea lions get fed.

Sea World has a new attraction called the Sesame Street Bay of Play, where there's a bunch of little rides for kids under 42 inches tall and Elmo, Cookie Monster, etc., roam the streets.  PJ got to go on his first ride...

He enjoyed it.  Really. :)

We also got to feed and pet the dolpins, which was so cool.



Fish?  Also had eyes.  John decided he wanted to see the dolphin jump for the fish, so he threw the last one, and the dolphin jumped, and made a big splash, promptly sending Maggie into hysterics as she had been sleeping oh so peacefully in the stroller prior to this.

Finally, we saw the Shamu show.  All I have to say?  PJ - amazed.  Me - amazed.  Shamu - huge.





Our final part of the trip, Colorado, will come later.  :)

5 comments:

  1. The Alamo seriously is a let down. My husband is from SA and he has yet to take me to the Riverwalk! I love the pics of the kids in the cowboy hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like you guys had so much fun! I really REALLY want to go to Texas now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang!! Fun times - and Sea World? It's like a a right-of-passage as a kid, isn't it? Love the hats, love Austin and the Alamo! Glad you had fun!
    My brother-in-law just moved to Dallas so I might be asking for more specific details some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a great trip!! I want to go back to Texas SO BADLY!! I've only been to Houston. Also, brisket? Best form of BBQ EVER...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you guys went all over! I really need to take my kids to Sea World, it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.