I'm not talking about Chick-Fil-A, or McD's. Or even TGIFridays.
I'm talking about nice, but not too nice restaurants.
Restaurants that are nice, but not so nice that you wouldn't dare bring your almost 2.5 year old and almost 10 month old.
I went to a baby shower today of a good friend. John was golfing, so I had to bring both kids.
This is how the afternoon went.
Enter room where shower takes place.
PJ spots M&Ms.
Conveniently, M&Ms are what I am giving him as rewards for potty training.
Put Maggie in high chair. Give her something to eat before she freaks out.
Meanwhile, PJ is trying to eat the entire bowl of M&Ms.
PJ discovers ducks outside.
Maggie discovers her buddy Hannah's (my friend Angie's daughter) applesauce.
Maggie no longer wants the plethora of food choices in front of her.
PJ says duck repeatedly.
"PJ stop banging your head on the window."
We go to the bathroom to discover there are no changing tables.
So we perfect my ability to change diapers standing up - no we don't.
Because it's a poop diaper.
So we change on the ceramic tile floor. That's not too dirty.
Thankfully, Hannah is done with her applesauce.
PJ decides he wants the toy Hannah is playing with and just takes it.
Maggie continues eating.
"PJ stop banging your head on the window."
Food is here.
I manage to get PJ to take some bites of his PB&J.
I manage to eat because somehow both kids are somewhat well behaved at this time.
Cake comes out. It has a peapod.
PJ thinks it's a football, and tells me so several times.
I take Maggie out of high chair.
She promptly tries to crawl out of the room.
"PJ don't touch the cake."
Grab Maggie.
"PJ don't touch the cake."
Discover Maggie is almost missing.
"PJ don't touch the cake."
Guest of honor opens presents.
"Yes, PJ was have that."
"Yes, PJ that's a cow."
"And another cow."
"And another cow."
"Yes, we have that book."
"That one too."
"Look! Cake."
Maggie dives into her cake.
Picks it up with both hands, promptly turning her dress into a cake dress.
She's practicing for her birthday I assume.
PJ takes some frosting and decides the cake isn't all that.
Maggie has cake in her hair.
On her legs.
In my hair.
On my skirt.
Angie gives me a onesie to change her into.
Maggie is screaming because I took the cake away.
PJ tries to comfort her.
I change her and give her a fruit strip.
This is new, so she calms immediately.
PJ tries to sit on her.
"COW MAMA!!!"
"DUCK MAMA!!!"
It's time to go.
We leave behind a trail.
A dirty tablecloth.
Gerber crunchies, rice cakes, tomato, chicken, cake and PB&J on the floor.
Smashed cake pop on the floor.
That I know of.
Thankfully, they both went to bed early.
I'm tired just reading it!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Those kids gave you a run for you money!
ReplyDeleteAt least it was a baby shower. That's somehow acceptable, no? I think you did a good job keeping them reigned in. So waht if you left a teeny, tiny trail? :-)
ReplyDeleteYep, agree with the first person- makes. Me tired just reading it. Lucas fed himself spaghetti at a nice resteraunt when he was about 1 1/2- huge mess! I felt awful
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I went in the bathroom and saw there was no changing table, I knew it was going to be bad news with that. They were adorable even with a mess! The cow thing was so cute!
ReplyDeleteI.am.exhausted. I can't believe there was no changing station!
ReplyDelete