I have nursed and pumped for a total of 1 year and 9 months so far. I have never once forgotten my pumping stuff.
Until today.
I forgot the shields. Those of you who pump, know what I am talking about. Those of you who don't, these are the things that go on your boobs and turn you into a cow.
I got all ready in my empty office that I pump in, armed with my paper, my breakfast, and my Coca Cola, opened the bag and -- no shields.
Slight panic set in. Then I took a deep breath and remembered I only need milk for tomorrow because after that I am home for four days before I start my new job, and I can easily get 15-16 extra ounces over those four days to make up for the freezer bag I'll have to use for tomorrow. I am down to 10 ounces in the freezer, because, thank the heavens above, we're almost done.
My question, my worry though is if my boobs might explode.
Or is going to throw off my supply because I fuck up this one day? I'll go from 6 this morning till 430 tonight without nursing or pumping.
Seriously. I'm starting to add whole milk to her bottles at 10 months. She'll be 10 months in two weeks.
Great timing.
I have no answers or advice for this. But, I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your boobs do not explode.
ReplyDeleteBecause that would ruin anyone's day....
Guess you can always hand pump :p at least enough to help you not explode. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you would get bad engorgement at this stage of the game, I never did. Let's not hope so anyway! I've just finished breastfeeding and switched to whole milk now and my poor, weary boobs didn't even notice they weren't in use anymore - I bet they were actually grateful!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...you might want to try some ice packs to relieve the engorgement if it gets bad. I so know that feeling.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a long time for breastfeeding. Good for you!! I was a shitty cow...stupid pituitary tumor :(
ReplyDeleteHow'd it go? I'm a little late to the game, but I can only imagine the feeling...
ReplyDelete