Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm baaackk....AND

Before I get into the wondrous events that was vacation, let me say.

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!

At my old firm.  With a good raise, get to wear jeans on Fridays, flexibility in my schedule, shorter walk to and from the train, all around much better.  I CANNOT WAIT.  I start August 1.

So.  Vacation.

We drove a total of 3800 miles.  It was so much fun.  The kids did surprisingly well in the car. There were times when I took one or the other out of the car seat (bad mommy) while driving on isolated roads because, well, they just couldn't take it anymore.  But for the most part it was great.

So here we go!

First stop was St. Louis.  Our hotel was way overpriced - don't stay at the Millenium Hotel if you ever go that way.  But we visited a few places while we were there.


Me and PJ at the Arch.  We didn't go in it, which was fine with me as that thing is HIGH.


John, PJ and Mags at the Arch.

.

PJ desperately trying to get into Busch Stadium.

The pool here was very nice, and it was very hot in St. Louis.  The food was okay, not great, but St. Louis was basically just a stopover point so no big deal.  From here, we went to Hot Springs, Arkansas, which was very nice, but with the kiddies we couldn't go in the Hot Springs.  We were literally there for 12 hours to sleep.  We ate Buffalo Wild Wings.  Very Arkansas-y.

We were on our way to Houston.  Houston was pretty cool because one of the attorneys I work for got us comp nights in the Hotel Sorella, a very fancy hotel.  The hotel was located in an area called City Centre, where there were restaurants and stores right down from the hotel.  The pool here was kick ass and the food was very good.  Houston was also the first place I mastered putting a diaper on standing up.


Apparently, driving 5 miles an hour slower at night helps things in Texas.


The pool at our fancy hotel.


Our fancy hotel room.


100 beers on Tap.  Yardhouse.  Nice.


CHEESE!


I love PJ's face in this picture.


After Houston, we hit up Austin, where we went to the Children's museum which was super cool and went to Salt Lick BBQ.   We heard about Salt Lick on Man v. Food on the Travel Channel, and let me tell you it was FUCKING DELICIOUS.  The brisket was amazing.  AMAZING I TELL YOU.

I'll finish up the rest tomorrow.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

8 comments:

  1. congrats ont he job! :)
    i can't wait to hear more about your vacation- sounds like a great time was had though. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm glad you are back...and double yay for your new job! That's really exciting. I'm glad you survived and looks like you had a great time. I really want to visit Austin, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! That is awesome!

    And...aww man! We were right on your route between Houston and Hot Springs! Unless you went through Dallas and avoided the backwoods way that runs through my city. ;)

    I have never been to Salt Lick but have heard many times that it is sooooo good! We plan to go there next time we to Austin or San Antonio.

    What made you decide to visit our great state? I know it wasn't the wonderfully comfortable temps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! I know how much you wanted that job!! I am SO excited for you. And I'm glad you're back- it was too quiet around here :-)
    And I freaking LOVE Houston. I would move there in a hot minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your vaca. I need one so bad and I have always wanted to go to TExas! Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first pic is pretty cool! I didn't realize you were in TX. You're mere hours from me! Oh, and Rudy's has great BBQ as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, please do not get into the habit allowing your children to ride in the car out of their carseats. Yes, it is being an irresponsible mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salt Lick...yes, please!

    Travel is hard with kiddos...sounds like you guys did a great job!

    Love the picture at the arch!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.