Thursday, July 28, 2011

Potty Training Day One

I have two days off between jobs.  What have I decided to do with this time?

Teach PJ how to pee on the potty.

I read some things, heard some things, and did a combination of those things.

We started after breakfast.  I put him in his big boy underwear.  I have pull ups, but those are for the sitter, and for car rides, because those things are freaking expensive, and I've heard they seem to much like a diaper so they don't really work.

Every ten minutes, we checked the underwear.  If they were dry, PJ got 2 M&Ms and then we went to sit on the potty for three minutes.

First time on it, he peed.  YAY! 

Third time on it, he peed.

Two hours into it, we had our first accident.

I was changing Maggie and he came running in and said "UCKY MAMA!"

And there it was, the puddle of pee all over the floor.

I made him help me clean up, we changed into new underwear, and then I marched him from the living room to the bathroom, pulled down his pants, sat him on the toliet, pulled up his pants, went back to the living room, repeat.  5 times.

He peed two more times in the potty before we left for McDonalds for lunch. I put him in a diaper for this car ride.

Which is PROMPTLY peed in. :)
We then went over to a friend's house, where he was hanging out with my best friend's son, who is newly potty trained.  Dylan said he had to go potty three times, every time he did, PJ would look at me, point to his crotch, and we'd go.  He peed in the toliet THREE TIMES and had a dry diaper the entire time.

He peed two more times in the potty after dinner.  Now he's in jammies and a diaper for bed. I'm not pushing my luck.

So YAY PJ for doing a great job on your first day.  Mommy loves you!

Till tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. He really did do great! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he really is getting the hang of it! But it sure is a lot of work too, huh? Good luck to you, mama!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.