Friday, November 4, 2011

Life's Lessons: The On My Own Edition



I'm linking up with Rach and Sara today.

John went away this past weekend, and it was the first time we've been apart overnight (other than Maggie's birth) since PJ was born. 

1.  I thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch 4 episodes of Revenge Saturday night on On Demand.

2.  I throughly enjoyed being able to watch American Horror Story after the 4 episodes of Revenge.

3.  I really liked having the whole bed to myself -- not because I took over more of it, but because no one tried to horn in on my side when I got up to pee.

4.  I took PJ and Mags to Snackville Junction, a restaurant that is covered in trains, and your food gets BROUGHT TO YOU by train.  (Read:  PJ's heaven).

5.  We went to Boo at the Zoo with my best friend and her boys and had a blast.

6.  I went and met my friend's 3 week old baby girl, and confirmed the fact that I am SO GLAD we are done.

7.  Newborn phase?  Not fun.

8.  Toddler phase?  Way fun.

9.  Next year when me and my girlfriends want to do a weekend getaway?  He did it first.

10.  I really did miss him though.

11.  Really.

9 comments:

  1. It does sound like you had a great time and yes, you do deserve a girls' weekend getaway!

    I agree about the newborn phase--not so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wierd to think that sometimes it is nice to just have that alone time (even though you're with the kids)? Tim recently went away on a Fraternity retreat and I had such a great time with the kids.

    I have the first 4 episodes of American Horror Story on my DVR but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. A friend of mine said it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really kept yourself busy! That's the best way to do it. We've had I think two times that my husband had to be away for work since Nolan's been born. Tomorrow night will be the first time I've been away from Nolan since I had him...so that will be weird! I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They bring your food to you by train?

    Okay, that sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Eric when it is time to get the kids ready for bed and when I am going to bed- as I suddenly hear noises I have never heard before- but after the kids are in bed- those few hours to myself- heaven! Sounds like you lived your time up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could look at the newborn phase as not fun so I could get to a point of being done, but alas, I yearn, even when life is insane, for that tiny phase again.

    That train place sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! That restaurant sounds great! My two little ones would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful - I'd love to catch up on some tv and spread out in bed. But I'd miss my husband, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love having alone time.

    Newborn phase...nah, not fun at all!

    Love Revenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.