back again...
No, not Shady.
The bitch of all bitches.
Some call her Aunt Flo.
I call her my fucking period.
I haven't had a period since -- wait for it -- June of 2008, except for one sorry excuse for a period I had in January of 2010 (it was 2 days, barely anything) and then I got pregnant with Maggie.
Being pregnant, nursing, being pregnant, nursing, and having an IUD.
I stopped nursing almost two months ago.
She's back with a fucking vengeance.
I have cramps. I am not prepared for this at all. My OB/GYN said I might not get one at all because of the IUD.
WRONG!
I thought I had gotten it a few weeks ago but it turned out to be nothing.
This time, it's a hell of a lot more than nothing.
Fuck.
LOL mother nature is back with a vengeance!
ReplyDeleteOh crap! Sorry to hear that! And it's even worse when you're not expecting it!!
ReplyDeleteHope Aunt Flo packs up her bags and heads out of town pronto...maybe she'll visit my MIL. Here's hoping, right??
Oh, that sucks. The first time after so long is always the worst.
ReplyDeleteGood lord.
ReplyDeleteYou know, cultural anthropologists think that women only used to have about 30 periods in their entire lives. Girls didn't start menstruating until later than they do now (more like an average of 15y/o instead of 12), and then they'd spend the majority of their sexual maturity either pregnant or nursing. and then they'd die before they could hit menopause.
When I have a really nasty one, I sometimes wish I lived back in those good ol' days.
But alas... penicillin is awesome... and at the very least when we're suffering from the horrors that the red tide brings with it, we have access to pretty much all the chocolate we could ever want.
Small comforts, right? ;)
That first one is always brutal! I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. But that's a long time since you had one! I had my periods about 8-10 months postnatal with both my pregnancies, even while breastfeeding.
ReplyDeleteI was totally hoping it would be Shady.
ReplyDeletePeriods are horrible and now that Mirena has become my best friend, I have no idea why grown women suffer through that torture every month. I guess as long as they're trying to get pregnant, it's okay, but after that? STOP THE MADNESS!!!