Monday, September 26, 2011

My kids are way too cute.

Seriously.  I look at PJ and Maggie and just am baffled at how cute they are.  How the hell did we make such cute kids?  I mean, sure John and I are a relatively attractive couple -- not ridiculously good looking or anything --but our kids?

ARE ridiculously good looking.  And then they do things that make them even cuter.

PJ went into Maggie's room and picked up a baby doll she has.  I was quickly trying to get him to play with something else, as John has this weird thing about boys playing with girl toys (which I've noticed ALL my friends who are dads have, but whatever).  He refused.

I noticed he was carrying it the way I carry Maggie to put her to bed.  So I backed off and watched.

He walked into his room, and carefully placed the baby on his bed.  He covered her up.  Then he turned on his sound machine, walked out of the room, shut the door and told me to SHH.

It was seriously one of the cutest things I have ever witnessed.

A few minutes later he walked in his room to check on her.  Satisfied that she was comfortable, he left, and told me again to Shh.  Then again we walked in and he took her out of bed and gave her to me.  Naptime was over.

Maggie says hi.  All the time.  Hihihihihihihihihihi.  It's adorable.  She also cracks up laughing when she says it and we say it back.  She's taking more and more steps -- usually no more than 2-3 at a time, but she's doing it more often.  She's now climbing onto chairs and is so damn proud of herself.

When I go get her in the morning, she starts giggling, then flops onto her tummy and "hides" in her crib.  She cracks up the entire time.

My happy happy kids. 

My happinesses.

12 comments:

  1. That is seriously the cutest thing ever! How sweet that PJ is mimicing your sweet mommy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooooo sweet! i think it's great that you let PJ just play, too. i mean i get why the old man would have issues (i guess) but at this age it's sooo innocent... and look at the result!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! Love it!! And your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. That's so flipping A-DOR-ABLE! Your babies ARE so cute. Thanks for making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear you've got the sweetest darn kids! Nolan is doing that hide thing in his crib too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ sounds so sweet. I love how tender and caring he is. DH and I often say how cute we think Donut is too. But we are biased as her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tender little boy PJ is. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes your kids are super cute! That's the sweetest thing PJ did! If my kids weren't cute, I would've had them disowned already...kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so incredibly sweet! My youngest hides on his belly too. Silly kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son sounds like such a sweet and caring little boy. How sad that your husband and your friends' husbands are so uptight about a boy holding a doll. I didn't know people in the 21st century had such ridiculously outdated ideas. Would he prefer his son cradle a gun?
    Sounds like you picked a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loves that doll story...I love to watch them mimic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm...OMG, Josie's comment! WTF??

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.