I hate cleaning. Hate it. I hate that my house isn't clean, but not enough to actually clean it.
You know those people that spend hours cleaning, and then get satisfied and happy when they are done? Not me. I just know in 3 seconds someone is either going to spill something, drop something, track something, spit something, or throw something that's going to make all my hard work moot.
Plus cleaning with 2 kids under 3 is virtually impossible.
So my house is kind of messy. Not DIRTY, but messy. I should clean the kitchen floor everyday, but I don't. I don't see the point. It's not even going to stay clean for an hour. It's kind of like making the bed. Why? You're just going to get back in it later.
I wish I could justfiy having a maid or cleaning person come, but again, the house would be dirty again that day.
I've resigned myself to the fact that until my children are old enough to clean up after themselves and do chores, my house is going to be messy.
I'd much rather spend the time with them than wasting the time cleaning something that's going to be dirty in a minute.
Dirty and messy are 2 different things. I say as long as there aren't any choking hazards on the floor, then meh, we're all good! :0)
ReplyDeleteYup.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you in the two-under-three boat. (Until next month, it's still two-under-two.) My messy house makes me CRAZY. But... better messy and crazy than that I never get to read "One Fish Two Fish" again, right?
Ugh...cleaning. If we didn't have a horrifically shedding dog, maybe I wouldn't vacuum every day. If I didn't have hardwood floors, maybe the hair would just become part of the carpet. If we didn't have kids that peed so often, I wouldn't have to clean the toilet so much (seriously...who knew that cleaning it would be the only way to get rid of the smell?)!
ReplyDeleteAmen!! Oh and everyone I know who has a cleaning lady- which is quite a few as I live in SoCal and they are pretty cheap- read illegal- say they always have to do a lot of cleaning before the cleaning lady cones as they don't pick up clutter, they vacuum, clean bathrooms, etc- so you have to pick up fir them first.
ReplyDeleteamen. my house is a perpetual disaster ... i clean one room just to turn around and it is destroyed in 3 minutes. I have started to clean it only the 2 days my 2 year old is at preschool ... at least it stays sorta clean for 3 hours. i wish i loved to clean like some of my friends but that is never ever going to happen ... and i guess i can admit that random toys scattered all over the house really doesn't bother me. i've got better things to do.
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you on this! I really hate cleaning b/c what's the point when it is going to be dirty in two seconds. That's why I hate dusting...and dust. It's a lose/lose situation!
ReplyDeleteI hate cleaning too, but I do feel better when I have cleaned. Then I get annoyed when my husband or dog gets it dirty 5 seconds later.
ReplyDeleteUgh, totally with you...this is the week from he'll, when I realize the summer is over and my house is filthy and disorganized...
ReplyDelete