I take the train to and from work, and while commuting, I observe some very interesting, and ahem, weird things. Some of these things you probably won't think are weird, but I digress. Some of these things are weird AND annoying, which is really a great combo.
1. Sleeveless Turtlenecks. Isn't this some kind of oxymoron?
2. People who cut their nails (EW) on the train. Really??
3. The people who are wearing clothes from 1982, or brown shoes with black pants, or a green shirt with purple pants. do you not own a mirror? Do you not look in said mirror? Do you not have a spouse to tell you how terrible you look?
4. The people that bring children (other than those they are bringing to day care) on the train during rush hour, then explain that they "need to be quiet because these people are going to work." Here's an idea dollface. Wait an hour, and get on the empty train where your kids can be as loud as they want.
5. The people who read while walking. Seriously? I stayed up to all hours to read the Da Vinci Code, but it wasn't that important that I read it while walking so I banged into innocent bystanders who happened to cross my reading rage path.
6. The people who stop dead in the middle of the sidewalk, either causing you to a) slam into them or b) make a quick swerve causing you to slam into the person coming the opposite way who is also swerving. STEP OVER TO THE SIDE IDIOT.
7. People who get in a revolving door two at a time. Really. You're not 5.
8. The people wearing coats and sweaters when it's 83 degrees at 8 a.m. Guess what? It's still hot.
9. The complicated orderer at Jamba Juice. Dude just pick a smoothie.
Cutting their nails???? That is seriously sick.
ReplyDeleteI do not miss public transit one bit.
Reading while walking? Yeah... that's me... sorry... :P
ReplyDeleteThe complicated order at Jamba Juice is just as annoying as the pretentious complicated order at Starbucks. Order your coffee and move along. It does not need to be steamed at a certain temperature. The rest of us drink it hot and so can you. Also, I am so, so glad I don't have to take mass transit. My hands would be raw from the anti-bac gel I would need to make it through....
ReplyDelete#2 is just plain gross...and #6 drives me bonkers!
ReplyDeleteMy kids love riding the train-but we do it on the weekends and usually only go one or two stops :)
ReplyDeleteAnd cutting their nails-that really is disgusting
I used to take the train downtown and I used to make up stories about the people I saw everyday. What made me the maddest though were the men who never stood up for a woman on the train--not even a pregnant or elderly one. They just pretended not to notice. The other women on the train would get up though. I did have a teenage boy once get up so I could sit down. His mama taught him right.
ReplyDeleteThere was a lady shaving her legs at the pool a few weeks ago...g.r.o.s.s.
ReplyDeleteI run over people who stop in the middle of the sidewalk...no excuse.
I don't know which one would piss me off most, pretty much all of them... especially the sleeveless turtleneck, never got that.
ReplyDelete