I've always been a big fan of September. Fall is my favorite season (when we actually get one). Football starts. And my birthday is at the end of the month.
I love summer, don't get me wrong. But there's something more comfortable about wearing jeans a t-shirt and not being hot. Throwing on a sweatshirt early in the morning or at night after the sun goes down. Putting jeans on my kids -- because for some reason, little kids in jeans just might be the cutest thing ever.
I love the pumpkin-flavored food items that pop up everywhere. Pumpkin donuts? Yes, please. Pumpkin cream cheese on my cinnamon sugar bagel? Yes, please.
The colors of the leaves changing. Raking up leaves in big piles and watching PJ jump and run into them laughing hysterically. Getting to watch Maggie crawl (hopefully walk) into the piles and laugh at her big brother.
Football. Fantasy is in full swing. I've got my pick in for my survivor pool (Tennessee). I don't really want to watch tonight's game, since the Packers are playing, but I will because at least I'll get to see the Saints wallop them and I'll get to hear familiar words like.
"Offsides, #63, offense. Five yard penalty. Replay 1st down."
I fricking love football. I think I might be a referee for Halloween this year, and throw penalty flags at people.
And my birthday. I'm a huge birthday person. I send cards to all my friends on their birthdays. If you tell me your birthday once, I'll know it forever. It's the day where we celebrate you came into the world. And, even though I'll be 32 (gasp) this year, I still look forward to my birthday. I like getting cards. I like going out to lunch with my family, and enjoying the day.
So welcome September. :)
I've seen so many posts about the love for fall. This is my favorite time of the year too. I wish it lasted longer.
ReplyDeleteYes September is AWESOME! I love the crispness in the air..and everything you described about jeans, sweatshirt, and all things pumpkin. I'm in a college town so it gets crazy here for football! Oh and my birthday is in November, my anniversary is at the end of this month, and of course my little one's birthday is in October. What's not to like about fall? :)
ReplyDeleteThis is silly. I've been reading your blog for what seems like months now. You live in the same hemisphere of the same city as me.
ReplyDeleteWould you and yours like to meet up for a play date sometime?
I love September too. And I make a mean pumpkin bread pudding that you would LOVE. I agree. Jeans on kids. A-DORABLE.
ReplyDeleteAh, yes...32...what a great year.
ReplyDeleteFootball = joy
Whenever Husband is being a dick, I "throw the flag" and he get a penalty...it adds a bit of levity to the situation...and then I really throw something at him.