Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toddlerhood.

Maggie took a step.  One single step all by herself.  She was surprised she immediately grabbed onto something.

The beauty of it was it was in the middle of the Bears game and not only did John and I see it, three of our good friends did as well.

She's standing on her own more often and for longer periods of time.  My baby girl is on her way to walking!  I hope she is walking by her birthday.

PJ was out "playing" football with the guys on Sunday during half time.  Someone dropped the ball and he ran over and said "I GOT IT!"  Cutest.  Thing.  Ever.

Then on Monday morning, I was changing Maggie's diaper, and she was crying, crying.  PJ dragged his chair over, and started rubbing her belly and going shhh baby.  Shh baby.  Cutest.  Thing. Ever.

I'm dangerously close to having two toddlers.  I love the toddler stage so much and I am so excited to see Maggie running around and playing with PJ.  Newborns are great and all, but I just love seeing my kids expresing themselves, being excited to see me, hugs, kisses, talking, laughing, learning. 

I know they won't always get along.  I know they won't always be happy to play together, and I'm sure there will be points in time where all they do is hate each other.

But I also know they will be closer than ever when they are older.  That they will support each other, help each other, and be there for each other.

I fucking love my kids.

6 comments:

  1. How fun that the first step was in front of a bunch of people. It really is a lot of fun when they start playing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ is a loving big brother - the picture of him kissing his little baby sister (on your sidebar) says it all.
    I have a pair of toddlers now and it's really fun to watch them play together. But not so fun when they are at each other's throats. No escaping that though, but deep down they love each other to bits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun seeing how kids change. I don't miss the newborn days either--it's nice to see Donut change and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love toddlers!! If I could somehow skip the baby stage, and then just keep them as toddlers forever, I'd have an army of kids :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.