Memorial Day Morning - Pre-Kids:
- Sleep till 10 or so. Recovering from partying the night before. Get up, lounge on couch, eat some toast.
- Sleep till the first child wakes up. Did not party the night before. Get up, shower with door open, feed and dress kids, get to store before gets crowded, take kids to park while no one is there (Score).
- Shower. Go to the store to get stuff for BBQ you meant to get day before. Maybe do some yard work before BBQ and friends come over (or you go there).
- Go inside if you get too hot.
- Eat lunch around 3, so it's actually more like linner. Food consists of steak, ribs, burgers, brats, chicken, sausage, potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit salad....
- Eat some toast. Go outside. Fill up kiddy pool. Change kids into swim diapers and bathing suits.
- Pull up chair to put feet in kiddy pool.
- Get laundry going.
- Don't dare go inside if you get too hot, or the screaming and tantrums will begin.
- Eat lunch at normal lunch time. Burgers, hot dogs. Mac and cheese.
- Have an alcoholic beverage.
- Play bean bags.
- Wish there was a pool.
- Get things ready for a good dinner. Steaks, potatoes, corn, etc.
- Continue to play in the pool till the swim diaper poopy explosion.
- Discover you are as red as a lobster, because although you put sunscreen on the kids, you didn't put any on yourself.
- Be grateful for the kiddy pool.
- Fire up the grill a second time.
- Continue to drink heavily.
- Play bean bags terribly.
- Wish there was a pool.
- Put everyone in their jammies.
- Relax on the couch and watch a movie.
- Kids pass out.
- Mom and Dad watch Conan.
- Be grateful for the pool.
- Pass out.
Isn't it crazy how things change? But you know you wouldn't change a thing! (Well maybe partake in a few more beverages to take the edge off LOL)
ReplyDeleteOh, how our lives look so different :) It's a lovely change, I think - I don't miss the hangovers but I really do miss sleeping!
ReplyDeleteLol. Um, I love the posts everyone keeps doing about how much life changes after kids. I realize that it will, but it's scarier in print. It's a great pill- taking reminder:-)
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. Kind of. Glad you had a good weekend!!!
Oh, can I relate!
ReplyDeleteAs much as I love my kids, sometimes I yearn for those carefree days of freedom and flexibility!! Wasn't life so much simpler back then?
ReplyDeleteBut, then again, they certainly make life anything but dull, don't they???
You wanna know what's annoying about Memorial Day lately? The weather...it's so damn nice! When I was younger and could actually have FUN, it was always cold and rainy. The past few years have been magnificent and I've missed it all with poopy babies ;)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I had to laugh at your "red as a lobster" comment. I totally fried yesterday b/c I forgot myself.