Monday, May 23, 2011

PJ aka Trouble. Is a chicken.

Yes my son is a chicken.

In that he won't EAT chicken.

Not nuggets.

Not strips.

Not anything.

Not dipped in ketchup, or ranch, or honey.

He will SORT of eat a McDonald's cheeseburger.  No ground meat.  No meat of any kind.

He'll eat hot dogs.

Help.  What can I do to get my trouble to eat meat?  I don't think he's quite understanding of the finish that and you'll get a treat thing, yet.  But I don't want to wait 6 more months till he's closer to 3 to start getting meat in his diet.

So help me mamas.  He's 2 and 2 months.  Tell me what you did to get your picky eater to at least try meat.

If anything, I'll just have to wait till he understand that if he has 3 bites of it, he can have a cookie.

Sigh.  And here's the trouble Trouble got into today. 



That's shaving cream.

2 comments:

  1. Why the push and bribery to eat red meat? People can be perfectly healthy without eating meat or animal protein of any kind. I would avoid bargaining 3 bites of beef for a cookie since it's a dangerous habit to get into. Have you looked into plant protein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't push meat either. Supplement the protein with something else he will eat. My experience with toddler and preschoolers and food issues is the more you stress the more the child will hold out. Part of it is a texture thing and part of it is probably a control thing. My son never ate meat, he would eat chicken nuggest, but that is kind of iffy meat, but now he is 9 and eating cheeseburgers and steaks like a mad man!
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.