
I am linking up yet again with Shell for PYHO.
I have a lot to be thankful for.
The usual -- a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clothes for the family, etc. But I'm not talking about that today.
- I am thankful for the husband who loves me, puts up with me, makes me smile, makes me laugh, wipes away my tears, knows when to talk and when to just hold me, and makes me feel safe.
- I am thankful for the loving, smart, always a character, amazing son I have been blessed with.
- I am thankful for the beautiful, happy, smart, amazing daughter I have been blessed with.
- I am thankful for having some of the best friends a girl can ask for, some of them I've had since I was 16, some I've being lucky to have later in life.
- I am thankful for the family I married into, for accepting me as part of the family, and making me feel that way the moment I entered the picture.
- I am thankful for the four cheesey flatbread at Jamba Juice.
- I am thankful that Chick-Fil-A opened in my area.
- I am thankful for Ruth's Chris, and black cherry martinis.
- I am thankful for Reef Flip Flops.
- I am thankful for Coca-Cola.
- I am thankful for my mom's old boss, for paying for my mom's home care helper, out of the goodness of his heart, for nearly the past two years.
- I am thankful to the many, many people who donated to the ALS walk, helping our team raise over $3,400.
- I am thankful to all of my friends and family who walked with us.
- I am thankful that I have the ability to say good-bye to my mom, instead of her being ripped from my life without warning, as my FIL was ripped from our lives.
- I am thankful to my dear, dear friend Christina for turning me on to blogging, and being the main, if not the only, reason I started to blog in the first place.
- I am thankful for our vacation that starts on July 1.
- I am thankful we went to Maui on our Honeymoon.
- I am thankful that I know what it means and how it feels to lose a child. And how much more you appreciate your children.
- I am thankful that for the rest of my life, I will have children to love, who love me, and I will always, always, be called Mom.
Lovely post! It's so important to be grateful.
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful you started blogging too. :) And, more importantly, that you're my Rockstar Friend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot to be thankful for! Looks like you have a wonderful family...the one you were born into, the one you married into, and the one you made!
ReplyDeleteLife is full of thankful moments! Especially when they introduce new banana pudding milkshakes. Thank you Chick-fil-A!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly do have a lot to be thankful for! Loved this post!!!! Couldn't help but smile as I read it!
ReplyDeleteBlack cherry martinis? Yes, please!
ReplyDeleteLove this post (that's why it took me so long to comment...I really wanted to read it)!