Thursday, May 19, 2011

So, today, I am a featured Blogger! (and some Snippage)

This has never happened to me before, and I am super excited, not only because I'm awesome, but because it's for something I truly believe in.

I'm the featured blogger on The Mom Pledge Blog today.  I took the pledge a couple months back.  Basically, it's about not bullying other moms who are pouring their hearts out -- be it on the internet or in life. 

I'm not going to say I don't judge - you bet your ass I do.  I have something to say about a lot of people.  But I try to keep in mind that I don't know the story behind what most people have going on, or what is going on in their life that maybe is just too overwhelming for them to handle right now.

I'm not going to say I've never bullied over the internet either, because unfortunately, I have.  I've also been bullied, but I'm a tough chick, so I can take it.  Some people can't though, and it's important to understand you can be honest and curious, without being an asshole. 

So if you're stopping by from the Mom Pledge, welcome.   I hope you find my blog interesting and decide to become a follower (I have 29, don't you want to be 30?  or 31?  COME ON!) and if you're stopping by because you already love me, check out the Mom Pledge Blog.

BWS tips button


Now for the snippage.

My husband is going for his vasectomy consultation today. 

Yes.  We have decided we are two and through.

Done.

Finito.

We always said we'd have three kids.  We lost our first beautiful child to miscarriage only 5 weeks into the pregnancy. 

So we had three.   We just have to miss one every single day.

We have two of the best, beautiful, happiest kids in the world.

Our handsome, fearless, loving, little boy, and our gorgeous, happy, determined little girl.

The "perfect family" some have said.

Our family is complete.  I thought I'd have sadness about it, but I don't.  I am glad that we have the family we have, that our lives have been completely and utterly turned upside down by becoming parents, by having love we never thought possible, by watching our hearts walk around outside our bodies.

I am glad that my father-in-law and my mother were able to meet and love both of our children, albiet for too short of a time, especially for my father-in-law, and soon for my mother.

Two and Through.  And so in love with my family.

10 comments:

  1. Two and through...I like that...and will use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your husband. I have 2 kids also and I am not having anymore. At. All.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post. You're little family is sweet, and you're so contented. I think it's great that you're both on the same page with this, and that HE'S getting the surgery, and not you!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came by from the Pledge blog. And I think you're great!

    ...even if you have no love for the north side. :P

    My husband and I are planning on going up to three. We had planned on only two, but we didn't expect twins. And I really wanted to have that dynamic of older/younger siblings. Which you don't exactly get with twins. Who knows, maybe we'll toss the whole plan and see if we can't make a whole baseball team.

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your family- you seem like really awesome people.

    Best-
    Lea aka BecomingSuperMommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! I'm #33!! Very nice to meet you. Your kids ARE adorable! Your hubby is a brave man...when I mentioned getting "snipped" to my hubby he visibly flinched...hahahaha...so now we have 4 kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being featured blogger! And yes you do have a beautiful COMPLETE famil :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the feature and good for you for being able to decide you are done. We are too. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage and understand completely that feeling of missing one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Congrats on being featured.

    I have a feeling we will be two and through also. I just am reserving the right to wait a few more years before making that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something nice about knowing your family is complete. Nice to be able to clear out all of the baby stuff for one thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am following from Mom Pledge...love your little Trouble, what a guy!! Hope you will visit: http://childhoodmyths.net/blog

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.