Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy 7 Monthday, Maggie!

My beautiful baby girl is 7 months old today.  This is also means that in 5 months I GET MY BOOBS BACK.  But let's focus on what's important.

Maggie:
  • can crawl like nobody's business.  I put her down in the living room, went in the kitchen to get juice for PJ, turned around, and BAM there she was
  • can get herself into a sitting position from the crawling, laying position
  • has MASTERED downward facing dog, and is desperately trying to use it to stand up
  • loves puffs, mums, pretty much food in general.  We tried some french fries the other day.   Today, cheese.
She smiles all the time and is such a happy happy baby, just like her big brother.  I love watching them interact.  When she wakes up, PJ is the first one to run to the door and wait for me to open it, and then run in and say Hi GEE GEE! and she just smiles at him.  He reaches in through the crib slats to rub her head and always lets me know when she's crying.  PJ also tries to feed her his yogurt when we're eating and tries to help her with her puffs and to learn the sippy cup.

I know they won't always be so in love with each other, but at least now I am enjoying watching my happinesses love each other so much.

And now, the wonderful thing that I only have about 4.5 more months of pumping.  Do you know how AMAZING this is?  Do you know how fantastic it is that the end is in sight?  If you've been a pumping and working mama, I know you do.  I love breastfeeding, but pumping just sucks.  And I have been pregnant or breastfeeding and pumping since oh, July of 2008.  By the time I'm done I'll have loaned out my boobs for over three years.

I am so ready to buy pretty bras where the cups don't open.  To wear something with a shoulder strap that isn't the width of my belt.   To have a bra that is purple or pink or green, or lacy or sheer or floral, instead of tan or white or black with  no design whatsoever.  I am going to go on a bra spree come October.

John better get ready. ;)

1 comment:

  1. One of the best days of my life was selling that damn pump!

    I love when babies do the downward facing dog...too cute!

    The fact that he's so sweet to her right now may actually carry on in life...who knows?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.