Monday, April 19, 2010

We sort of took a step.

PJ's been getting a little more secure in standing on his own - he stood several times yesterday for a decent amount of time, and he even tried to take a couple steps towards me!  YAY!! I think he'll be full out walking in a few weeks or so.  I can't wait.  We were at Wildfire yesterday and he wanted to walk so I took his hand and we walked around the lobby while he yelled things and smiled at people.

He was also enamored with the little babies at the G2G on Saturday.   He just looks at them -- like HEY!  You're SMALLER than me! 

My little happiness also slept till 8 both days this weekend -- of course Saturday, I woke up at 7 and didn't go back to sleep because I figured he'd wake up any second and I'd have to get up so what was the point.  But it was cute laying there and cuddling with him in our bed since John went to golf.  Last night he woke up a few times though, not like the normal STTN he's been doing.  Not sure what the problem was.  But then I had to go wake him up this morning which I hate doing, even though he is all smiley and cuddling and so happy to see his mama.

I am 14 weeks pregnant.  Feeling some flutters on occasion, which when I was pregnant with PJ I chalked up to gas, but that's how you learn.  I am excited to feel real kicks.  My naked belly also looks "pregnancy shaped" although to people it probably is still questionable.  I've had some people give me the "look" about the wondering if I'm pregnant. Sometimes it's funny to just let them wonder.

And today's installment of what happens after the baby comes out.

Stitches

So although you dialate to 10 cm (which, let's face it, is this much): ___________________________________________

you still might need a little help to push your little happiness out.  So you might tear.  Now DON'T FREAK OUT because you will NOT feel this.   You'll have know idea when, or if this happens, till after your baby is here and out and they say we have to stitch you up.  Some of you might have heard of an episiotomy, which is where you actually get cut, with scissors.  This is very uncommon nowadays.  Most doctors don't do it because it isn't necessary.

Okay, so if you tear, you'll need to be sewn up like the Thanksgiving turkey after you stuff it (nice visual).  Again, you won't feel this, because they numb the area.   However, if you don't want to SEE the stitching, I suggest you do not look forward.  Look to the right, left, close your eyes, whatever.  There's something a little unnerving about seeing a long piece of string coming up from your vajayjay.

Anyway, not painful, not a big deal, and the stitches disslove. And if you are lucky, you'll have a joker husband like mine that tells you, "I asked the doc to put a couple extra in there.  You know.  To make it tighter."

Nice work, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.