Thursday, April 15, 2010

This has nothing to do with babies.

But occasionally, one of these posts is gonna come up.

So my wonderful (and I mean that these days, because as weird/annoying/odd as she was when all the shit was going on, now she truly is wonderful) MIL wanted to go with her boyfriend, me and Johnny over to my parents so they could meet Ken (her BF) and she could see my mom, because they get along well.   We planned it for next weekend, the 25th.

So my mom calls me today and says she wants to do it in May.   I say, well, that's gonna be difficult because MIL and BF go to their lakehouse and I know they are going the first weekend in May, the next weekend is Mother's Day, the weekend after that we have stuff going on, etc...why do you want to wait till May?  She says because she wants to be outside.  Um....okay, it might be nice outside.  But the table is not out there.  I don't get it.   I tell her May won't work, and we'll probably have to wait till June.  Oh that's fine she says.  And then.

She starts crying.  For those of you who don't know, a symptom of ALS is the inability to control your emotions, which means crying/laughing for no reason.   Even though I know this, I can't help but feel like I made her start crying when she starts while talking to me.  And then she cries, and tries to speak, and forgive me for using this word, and she sounds retarded.  And I can't stand it.   So I tell her to stop crying, and she can't, so she says she'll call me back.

She does.  She says she's sorry, I say it's fine. She says we'll do it in June, I say fine.  Even though, to me, it's not fine.

And then I find out that other people are going over to her house to visit her next weekend.  That's okay?? They don't have to be outside?? WHAT THE FUCK.

My MIL doesn't have to go over there.   But she wants to.  And she has been an unbelievable support to me and I am pissed off that for some reason, other people can go see my mom and be inside or whatever the fuck but my MIL cannot.   And I am pissed and there is nothing I can do about it.  Just like there was nothing I can do about the fact that they showed up 90 minutes LATE for PJ's birthday party, and then proceeded to leave 90 minutes later.   I know things take longer nowadays, but you KNOW what time it starts. And they had the cake.

Sigh.  I'm so fucking tired of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.