After reflecting on the first year of my son's life, and my first year as a mother, I learned a lot of things. I made a lot of mistakes, but I think all in all, I did pretty good. A few things I learned.
It's really not that hard to go on a little sleep. Yes, you are tired. But when your baby needs you, you have the strength of 100 women.
There is nothing in the world more amazing than the first time your child smiles at you.
And then the first time they recognize you.
And then the first time they reach for you.
And then the first time they hug you.
The amount of love you feel the moment your child is born is undescribable. Only other parents will understand. I look at PJ now, and think, wow, and I thought I loved you then.
There is nothing I wouldn't do, nothing I wouldn't give up, nothing I wouldn't sacrifice for the happiness and well being of my child.
I know it's cliche, I know people say it all the time. But time just goes by so quickly once you have children. Cherish every minute with your kids. Cherish every minute with your husband. You have created a life and you need to nourish it, care for it, and teach that life to be the best person they can be.
And in 20 years, you'll look back and say, I thought I loved you then.
"To have a child is to forever have a piece of your heart walking around outside your body."


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.