Friday, December 16, 2011

Life's Lessons: The gift giving edition

125px; width: 125px; color: black; background-color: white;">


I'm linking up with my kick ass girls Sara and Rach again today for Life's Lessons.

1.   I have to get gifts for my bosses.

2.  I have 5.  They are all attorneys.

3.  Do you know how difficult it is to buy a gift for someone who makes in a month what you make in 6 months?

4.  Or, who makes in two weeks what you make in a year?

5.  It's rough.  So  I'm baking cookies.

6.   And putting them in festive tins.

7.  John's gifts?  Are pretty fucking kick ass.

8.  PJ and Maggie's?  Amazing.


9.  My MIL?  Well, we were going to get her a grandmother's necklace with all the kids birthstones, but...

10.  My SIL is pregnant again!  :)  So we're holding off till next year.

11.  Speaking of my SIL, instead of exchanging the four of us are going to dinner.  How much better is that?
12.  Although now I can't get saucy with her.

13.  I've decided not to wrap the stocking stuffers.  Little hands will have a hard time opening those small, ridiculously taped packages.

14.  You know who else is hard to buy for?  Grandparents.  So they get framed pictures.

15.  But John's Gram?  She's getting a special ornament in remembrance of his dad, and a birthstone necklace from his birthday.

16.  We're pretty thoughtful.

17.  And I better get some nice gifts.

Peace out bitch.

6 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I like the idea of just doing dinner with no gifts. We don't do gifts for extended family over here. But sounds like you all are giving some really sweet and personal gifts and those are the best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw :-) Those are great gifts!!! I love when people put a lot of thought into gift giving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...you can get saucy by yourself!

    I want to know what your husband's gift is.

    I think you just talked me into not wrapping the stocking stuffers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to #13. Can't the stocking itself be the wrapping??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound like great gifts! I love gift-giving so much and usually have fun with it. I really like finding some different gifts that no one has seen. But I hate that there are some people that I just can't ever figure out what to buy for them. Grandparents are definitely on that list - I wonder if my parents get bored by the photo gifts I give every year. I choose to believe they love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, wait...so you're getting something for your husband? Crap, my husband is the ONE person I forgot to get something for. I'm a crappy wife, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.