Monday, December 12, 2011

Dammit, I want snow.

It's Chicago.

Usually by this time of year, we've shoveled a couple times.

We've had about half a centimeter of snow.

It's Christmastime.  I like snow covering the bushes, while the christmas lights shine through.  I like seeing the white stuff, because it feels more Christmasy.   Santa likes snow.

So I want it to snow dammit.  I don't want a blizzard, I don't want to have trouble driving (although this happens no matter what, because let's face it, people are dumb).  I want it to look like Christmas is in two fucking weeks.

I want to take PJ and Maggie outside to sled, to play, to make snowmen and throw snowballs.

So dammit.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

6 comments:

  1. hehe i'm TOTALLY with you- and so is Lovie. funny story: after the dusting we had Friday, Lovie now talks about the snow whenever we're about to go out. she gets so excited when i tell her it's time to go cuz she's all, "Snow?!" she's gonna flip if we ever get a good amount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it doesn't snow where I live, I can understand your wanting it to be snowy so it can feel more like Christmas!

    Last week it was all sunshine and blue skies here with a little bit of chill in the air...certainly did not feel like Christmas time. Today it's gray and gloomy...so I guess this is as good as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there's still time. You might get it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! No matter how much I want snow, it will never snow here. If it ever does, it's a sign the world is coming to an end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did think about this yesterday on the way home. It looked so strange to see Xmas lights with no snow. But you know I love this...56 degrees tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Hit me up ya'll.