I'll tell you -- I was super excited when Barack Obama got elected. I think I would have forks in my eyes if McCain had won.
Anyway, I'm disappointed in how things have gone so far. I realize that because of the way our government is set up, with all this bi-partisan bullshit, Obama hasn't be able to do a lot of things he said/wanted/meant to do. I understand that. I'm not all anti-Obama now because of it, but I'm not super-Obama supporter any more either.
That being said, in 2008 was the first time I've been legally allowed to vote that I actually gave a shit.
And it looks it like it will be the only.
And so, the reasons why I don't give a shit about Presidential Campaign. (disclaimer: None of these reasons are meant to offend, alienate, or upset you. I personally don't care who or what you support, because that is your own decision)
1. It's annoying to me that because a guy got a blow job or had some sexy time with some chick that means he's not fit to run the country. Honestly? I don't really care what dude does in his naked time, unless it involves something really disgusting and vile, like molesting children. If your husband is having an affair, that should be a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP matter. I don't really care who's slurping on your husband's schlong (yup, i just said that).
2. Michelle Bachmann is fucking SCARY. I don't know who is worse. Sarah Palin or her. I mean the thought of either of these women making decisions that basically effect the world is just mind boggling. So I don't care because I can't watch her without feeling ashamed to be a woman.
3. The Presidents in movies and on television are always so much more awesome or so much more vile. We need a president modeled after one of the good ones. I'm looking at you, President David Palmer.
4. Until we do away with parties, nothing is really ever going to be achieved in this country. I'm not sure who needs to be knocked upside the head to make this understood.
5. I can't handle having a President who's first name is the same as a small lizard.
6. I think Conan should run for President. Until that happens, I'm out.
7. I come from the state where the past two governors have been put behind bars. I feel unqualified to pick a worthy candidate.
8. I'm tempted to vote for Ron Paul because I like the design/music/look of his campaign ad. I have no idea what it says though.
9. I will never take the time to educate myself regarding the candidates.
10. I have two toddlers. I don't have time to give a shit.
Brought to you by LOG - it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
3.
I just can't take the way politics spews forth such venom and hatred. I don't want any part of that!
ReplyDeleteActaully I think Illinois record is more like 7 that made it to jail. Politics are annoying. Most of their personal life doesn't matter to me- but if they can't be honest and loyal to their spouse I have a hard time trusting them
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha...slurping schlong (BTW, I'd be psyched if good old Bill took office again). I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm disappointed with things too.
ReplyDeleteI like Ron Paul too...less government.
This cracked me up!
ReplyDeleteAt this point I think I'd be cool with anyone other than the President we do have though.