I know, I know. LOG, WTF is La You?
Well, this is how PJ, my happiness, the greatest part of my life, said LOVE YOU to me and John the other day -- Monday, June 14, 2010. That's right. It was only once, he had no idea what it meant, but it doesn't matter. My little guy said La You and it was seriously the greatest thing I've ever heard. He also gives kisses now, open mouth ones, but kisses nonetheless.
The unbelievable sense of love, pride, and happiness I get from being a mother is undescribable. There is nothing a smile, hug, or kiss from PJ can't cure. Everyday I am amazed at the things he has learned, the things he is determined to figure out, or the things he can do that are so seemless it's as if he knew how to do them all along. I love feeling his little hand on my face, or his head buried into my shoulder. I love when he walks around cracking up and laughing at whatever game we are playing. I love watching him sleep, I love stroking his back gently when I need to wake him up, and watching him stretch in his bed before he opens his eyes and gives me a big smile.
Some people say that those of us who think motherhood is great and don't admit that it's hard or not fun sometimes are just in denial. Yes motherhood is hard. It is hard everyday that I have to leave PJ at the sitter to go to work. It is hard when he is sick or hurt and I can't fix it. It is hard when I can't get anything done because PJ's having a clingy day. But all of the amazing wonderful and great things that I get from being a mother outweigh these so much. I am not in denial. Motherhood isn't everything I thought it would be. It's much, MUCH more.
A-FRICKEN-MEN! Preach it sistah! Seriously! I don't get the complaining or the "Being a parent is hard work" crap. Being a parent is the most natural, most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. I can't comprehend the other side of this!
ReplyDelete